Lag Plus A Timer Has Made It Impossible For Me Continue a LW Story

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum. It's more of an unfortunate series of events rather than a bug so I'm hoping someone knows a solution.

I was doing a Crack In The Ice's The Bitter Cold chapter. I started getting lag spikes up that were literally in the 18,000 ping range when I went in to kill the icy abomination and couldn't play. I logged out noting that the thaw potion had 8 hours on it so I figure I can finish it today. Login: Effect has timed out. I guess the timer was 8 real world hours and not in-game time.

I'd be willing to go remake the potion but I'm not finding any way to start that collection again. Quitting the episode and restarting it drops me off at the same "Fight the Abomination" step. But I can't get to it because I have no way to counter the murderous cold of the area. I'm hoping someone knows of a way I can continue because right now my poor Asura is sitting around Bitterfrost scratching his ears.

Sure, I can skip it and go do Head of the Snake, but I want my shinies. Any suggestions?

@"thepenmonster.3621" said:Sorry if this is the wrong subforum. It's more of an unfortunate series of events rather than a bug so I'm hoping someone knows a solution.

I was doing a Crack In The Ice's The Bitter Cold chapter. I started getting lag spikes up that were literally in the 18,000 ping range when I went in to kill the icy abomination and couldn't play. I logged out noting that the thaw potion had 8 hours on it so I figure I can finish it today. Login: Effect has timed out. I guess the timer was 8 real world hours and not in-game time.

I'd be willing to go remake the potion but I'm not finding any way to start that collection again. Quitting the episode and restarting it drops me off at the same "Fight the Abomination" step. But I can't get to it because I have no way to counter the murderous cold of the area. I'm hoping someone knows of a way I can continue because right now my poor Asura is sitting around Bitterfrost scratching his ears.

Sure, I can skip it and go do Head of the Snake, but I want my shinies. Any suggestions?

The potion effect ends at daily reset.For the second potion you just have to gather the materials and go to the pool again

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thaw_Elixir

I personally would log out and open a support ticket for lag like that. Maybe you're on a dsl in outer Mongolia or playing through your cell phone 3G service and you're expecting that lag. But if you're supposed to be on a high speed line... that shouldn't happen. And if it's a regular thing you want to fix that.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:I personally would log out and open a support ticket for lag like that.

I think I figured that out since Opera wasn't fully rendering webpages as well. Windows updated a few days ago and the game wasn't on the list of things allowed through the firewall. Since I have no idea what part of the game is on my end and what's being sent to me I don't know if that was it but allowing it access seems to have cleared it up.

I mean, I still get 200-250 ping here in Asia but it's always been playable.