Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic NO runes or sigils?

I have been using the silver fed salvagematic for a long time best quality of life item yet. The Runecrafters was on sale in the gem store so I converted some gold and bought one thinking hey 100% i could make some funds back selling runes and sigils again like in the olds days. From the Wiki page https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Runecrafter%27s_Salvage-o-Matic under NOTES100% chance to salvage runes and sigils slotted in equipment.

I have yet to get a sigil from anything over 250 items. I opened the bags, I used the bulk salvage on some I did it one at a time for others I moved the salvage kit out of the shared inventory slot and yes they had runes in them and all I got were lucent motes. Did I miss something about this salvage kit is it working the way it is suppose to?Anyone know if this is a bug?Is 100% chance of salvage similar to 100% magic find where its 100% to get the basic stuff?

• 8 months later...

Well, I just got suckered into this thing. The in game description reads, _"100% chance of salvaging upgrades." I don't see "Lucent Motes" listed under the wiki article for "Upgrade Component." That description should be changed. This is bait and switch. I want my gems back. :/

I think you're confused on what Salvage Kits do. As of an update a few years ago, Salvage Kits no longer remove upgrades, but instead salvage the upgrade along with the item (instead of discarding it). You can't extract upgrades with any Salvage Kit except Black Lion.

What you're wanting is Upgrade Extractor (for Runes and Sigils), or Infusion Extractor (for Infusions).

The storebought kits are most efficient for:

• Copper Fed: Salvaging Fine and lower.
  • Runecrafter's: Salvaging Masterwork (because Basic and Fine don't include upgrades).
  • Silver Fed: Salvaging Rares & Globs of Ectoplasm (for Luck).

Its not wasted gems. because if you have all three and use them properly you'll have the most efficient salvaging possible while also spending less money than people using regular NPC kits (although more than Mystic Salvage Kits).

In the future I recommend reading the Wiki before buying anything from the gemstore.

@Taris.9730 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:In the future I recommend reading the Wiki before buying anything from the gemstore.

Heh, yeah... lesson learned. I guess I've been seriously behind the times on how the salvage mechanic works. Thanks for the clarification.

Same here, bought it thinking it did what they did back in the day. Been gone for too long I guess.

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:Same here, bought it thinking it did what they did back in the day. Been gone for too long I guess.

Ah, it's always good to hear you're not alone. :D I don't feel quite so silly for my little rant, now.I have been using it to get gems back for trinkets while leveling up a new character, so, there's that.