Mirage thrust daze

DemonSeed.3528

How are you guys reliably pulling off your daze/interrupts on mirage thrust? Any video examples? Seems to not go off most of the time for me (even on the ambient creatures in wvw lol) . Any help/advice is appreciated.Update: I think this may actually be due to lag, still testing but I am able to proc the interrupts more now.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:How are you guys reliably pulling off your daze/interrupts on mirage thrust? Any video examples? Seems to not go off most of the time for me (even on the ambient creatures in wvw lol) . Any help/advice is appreciated.Update: I think this may actually be due to lag, still testing but I am able to proc the interrupts more now.

Some classes got somewhat longish channels id say which makes it possible to land the daze. But i wouldnt suggest viewing it as a tool for interupts but rather as a mobility tool. The daze is just icing.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:How are you guys reliably pulling off your daze/interrupts on mirage thrust? Any video examples? Seems to not go off most of the time for me (even on the ambient creatures in wvw lol) . Any help/advice is appreciated.Update: I think this may actually be due to lag, still testing but I am able to proc the interrupts more now.

Somethime when you dodge to get mirage cloak, your auto attack stop and so is your ambush attack just like in the old spellbreaker in beta when you use full counter, your auto attack will stop too. I think this the reason that sometime your sword ambush skill doesn't go off.

@Hlord.5940 said:

Somethime when you dodge to get mirage cloak, your auto attack stop and so is your ambush attack just like in the old spellbreaker in beta when you use full counter, your auto attack will stop too. I think this the reason that sometime your sword ambush skill doesn't go off.

I do get the mirage thrust each time - just that the interrupts don't get set off or are just very random. I've put it down to being just very laggy that day because not even one interrupt was generated. it still does appear to be random but I am able to pull it off with regularity now. Haven't tested on a golem yet. Are you guys able to proc interrupt 100% of the time on golem? It's beautiful when you use the trait to give mirage cloak to clones + deceptive evasion and set it off together with interrupt sigils.

Well the ambush takes time to get to the target so 1/2s cast time skills will be hard to interrupt depending on ping and reaction time, a 100 ping and average 150ms reaction time is 1/4s and with travel time and having to activate both the dodge and ambush to hit in the 1/4s left of the cast time is pushing it for a lot of average to decent players.

A lot of skills don’t have much of a cast time or are only vulnerable in the first 1/4s so a lot of interrupt heavy builds rely on frequent short duration dazes and trying to predict when to interrupt rather than being reactive. Generally a lot of people heal at around 50%, the good players will usually dodge before anticipating the interrupt then heal or try to LoS and heal. The great players will have already been in a place to LoS and heal so it becomes much harder unless fighting on even terrain.

Look at the classes you have issues with, ask what their builds are and pick apart what you can and can’t interrupt. Learn when they typically use the skills you want to interrupt and you will get more success with interrupting with sword but it will be a bit of educated guess work in some cases. Oh and don’t bother trying to interrupt daredevils, there’s only 1 combo you can interrupt BP+HS, everything else either has evade/block built in or is instant cast providing no counterplay in WvW.

@apharma.3741 said:Well the ambush takes time to get to the target so 1/2s cast time skills will be hard to interrupt depending on ping and reaction time, a 100 ping and average 150ms reaction time is 1/4s and with travel time and having to activate both the dodge and ambush to hit in the 1/4s left of the cast time is pushing it for a lot of average to decent players.

A lot of skills don’t have much of a cast time or are only vulnerable in the first 1/4s so a lot of interrupt heavy builds rely on frequent short duration dazes and trying to predict when to interrupt rather than being reactive. Generally a lot of people heal at around 50%, the good players will usually dodge before anticipating the interrupt then heal or try to LoS and heal. The great players will have already been in a place to LoS and heal so it becomes much harder unless fighting on even terrain.

Look at the classes you have issues with, ask what their builds are and pick apart what you can and can’t interrupt. Learn when they typically use the skills you want to interrupt and you will get more success with interrupting with sword but it will be a bit of educated guess work in some cases. Oh and don’t bother trying to interrupt daredevils, there’s only 1 combo you can interrupt BP+HS, everything else either has evade/block built in or is instant cast providing no counterplay in WvW.

Thanks for the explanation - makes sense that being in the 230ms-4k ping range I have to be a bit lucky to hit that small window on anything lol :)

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Well the ambush takes time to get to the target so 1/2s cast time skills will be hard to interrupt depending on ping and reaction time, a 100 ping and average 150ms reaction time is 1/4s and with travel time and having to activate both the dodge and ambush to hit in the 1/4s left of the cast time is pushing it for a lot of average to decent players.

Thanks for the explanation - makes sense that being in the 230ms-4k ping range I have to be a bit lucky to hit that small window on anything lol :)

At 4K ping I would give up ever trying to interrupt anything important reliably, that’s 4s delay potentially on everything that happens. Even 1k ping is pushing it as you have to predict the interrupt rather than actually use it reactively. Like I say, when most people get to about 50% they will heal so be ready to interrupt there and possibly you might have some success on the sword if you have about 230 ping.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Yeah we can be sure thats the issue right now. Another thing for sure may be stability [i dont know u, so this isn't meant offensive in every way, be sure about this.]U may need to look a bit closer at stability uptimes, and wait them out, or if they are long, break em on purpose with illusionary ambush + sword ambush (Illusionary gives ur Clones Infinite Horizon ones!] .

I can tell u that at least sigil of preseverance + Sword ambush is BLAST in WvW. While on 30% Crit for example, it gives u another 10% crit and ferocity. With fury ur at 60% Crit, which is remarkable. Now add Master of Fregmantation and ur F1 is on a 85% Crit Chance, with 180-190% Ferocity. That's something ! ( Especially on a Hybrid Build :o)

Add in Chaotic Interruption, and ur enemy is immobilized and F1 is reliant to hit, even without superspeed.

Now [i sadly dont own it yet))))):] add in Sigil of Draining ( 1k dmg ignoring armor+ 1k Heal on every interrupt, no cooldown), and ur basically The King.

Build right now ; http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfWnELDFMjFpBmpBMMjlXDz//NATgmpgZwJANAkTeOA-jlSHQB4UfQu2fIkPAgmo8DAHCg5dCAqjSQGpSguU3RAHBg3BHAX1qWdVgru6qru6qGwqru6qru6qru6qSBUlyK-w

Future Full Build ; http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAsfWnELDFMjFpBmpBMMjlXDzMFMDOB+/vBYCENAkTeOA-jlCGQBA4IAYyTAA+eAAHVlgeqPQPKB91+DSR53BOEAGVdnAAIAzsMLzZGYmzcmzcmzsrLzZOzZOzZOzZOzZWKgqUWB-w

Edit ; oh yeah and sometimes I fight 10 Minutes without any interrupts. Happens, Can be a lack of skill on my side, a good opponents Build, bad Luck etc.Overall i feel like Interrupt Mirage is a very strong and reliable Duelist. (While it still needs tons of bug fixes + several trait Buffs -> Mirage Mantle is taken, cause its more reliable then Desert, and i dont use Axe, not because its actually "good".)

Archived