The longer I play this game the more I miss these options to alter how other players look on my screen:
- Enable default Class-Skins
- Enable default Gliders
- Enable default Mounts
- Disable other players Infusions
- Disable other players Back-items
- Disable other players Animations/Skill effects
For the last year or so, I've been playing with the "Model Limit: Off" so all other players appear as walking potatoe sacks.
While that works for me, it's not optimal. You can still see all the silly looking gliders, mounts, and backpacks, with every silly color. As the saying goes, there is nothing more immersion breaking in games than other players.
As such ANet, would you please consider this to be your next QoL focus?
- Class-Skins = like the standard models for competitive modes, just replace the skins only, so I can still see the difference between characters. Alternatively just put everyone in town clothes outfit.
- Gliders/Mounts = the default skins with default colors.
- Animation/skill effects = all the flashy lights and effects, so I can see the enemy when more than 5 players are nearby, so I can see enemy tells. Keep aoe's, but I don't really want to see tons of blinking lights.