After roaming with Power Reaper...

Tzozef.9841

It's not as bad as you think!

I was able to beat any spec in a 1v1 scenario, especially PoF elite specs. The power creep is not as bad or pretty horizontal, in comparison to HoT release. HoT launch was an absolute mess of power creeps. PoF much less so.

Fighting against Scourges, Spellbreakers, Holosmiths I was able to beat 1v1 several times. But to no surprise, it takes me WAY WAY WAY more effort for me to win as Power Reaper than for them to win against me by a long shot.

And I had just as much as hard time winning against them as I do against Daredevils (HoT spec) but still possible, which imo, have pretty broken mechanics till this day. Quick example is the condi dodge spam build.

The issue where people begin to complain is in group fights.

In 1v1 I can avoid Scourge AoEs, and avoid hitting Spellbreaker full counters. But in group fights, a fellow roamer can trigger full counter, dazing me in proximity for something I didn't do or wouldn't skillfully do myself. And if they are downed by a Scourge, I'm putting myself at risk and receiving more damage in group fights just to rez him, and most of the time I have to let him/her die.

So what specs like Scourge and Spellbreaker do is - in group fights, if you have one weak link or shitty player who makes a mistake...EVERYONE get's punished, as in they take advantage of crippling one in the group to eventually damage the whole group to a huge degree. I think many people aren't used to it yet.

They handle groups super well more so than any other spec before PoF.

I really want to see other weaker specs get buffed instead of nerfing the current strong ones, buff Core specs that haven't seen play in AGES (i.e. necro, ele, thief, engi, ranger, revenant,) to counter the current meta further.(I also think Renegade and Weaver would be a good candidate to buff as a counter to the current scourge/spellbreaker dominance atm)

So you were roaming with a HoT elite and say that HoT elites are generally OP, most of all Daredevil though, because you had a hard time against them. And PoF isn't that OP like HoT, but your HoT elite isn't OP? Is it supposed to not be OP because it was power and not condi?There's no real sense behind whatever observations you wanted to share.

Buffing everything leads to more mindless gameplay. By buffing the core traits they are also indirectly buffing the elites, so...

@Tzozef.9841 said:It's not as bad as you think!

I was able to beat any spec in a 1v1 scenario, especially PoF elite specs. The power creep is not as bad or pretty horizontal, in comparison to HoT release. HoT launch was an absolute mess of power creeps. PoF much less so.

I'm inclined to agree. The balance is way better out of the gates with PoF than it was with HoT, and I'm not having much problem with anyone in particular 1v1 (using my core warrior) with the possible exception of a well played lb Soulbeast (not because they're OP, but more because that build can be a soft counter to mine).

Even as a strictly melee build, I don't have any trouble with Spellbreakers (unless they outplay me), and even in group fights with other people triggering FC, I find it relatively easy to avoid eating the damage. Scourges, being the other class people complain about, aren't even that hard to manage once you figure your way through all the aoe condi they leave in their wake. Multiple condi scourges are a bit much, mind you.

Anyway, most of the griping I've seen comes from people unwilling to adapt their play style to deal with classes/builds that are clearly designed to be disruptive to the meta.

Hello OP, just some thoughts on your post...

• Agree in general that POF was not as unbalanced in the 1 vs 1 roaming mode. There are some areas of concern though...

• Mirage has gotten a lot stronger...easily eclipsing other classes in the 1 vs 1 mode...

• Deadeye's introduction brought about rather 'negative' gameplay...have you met deadeyes that casts a mark on you, camp stealth for 20 odd seconds, and then one shot you for 20K damage with Death's Judgement? The pain is to lookout for that deadly red beam for the entire duration that the deadeye is invisible...imagine trying to do that in a group fight...a Deadeye that times his Death's Judgement well is going to down any player with one shot. Not a very healthy gaming style to introduce imo...

• You named 3 classes that you beat several times...and they could just happen to be soft-countered against your build...

• Would you share your Power Reaper roaming build?

Archived