Need Tips for Raising DPS

Ojimaru.8970

This is something that's been bothering me for some time. While practicing my DPS rotations, I seem to consistently deal 5,000 to 6,000 less DPS than posted benchmarks, even when I'm using the same builds (minus stat infusions), food, utility, buffs, and even using the same recommended rotations. This consistent gap has me concerned that I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about damage dealing.

What am I missing? What are the exact conditions of which benchmarks are made with (e.g. Golem options, player options, etc.)?

Any help is much appreciated.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Usually DPS tests against the Special Forces golem is done under optimal circumstances as far as I know.

Which means 25 stacks of Might and all that jam which you can pretty much count on a decent raid party will supply you with during a boss fight.

These are the buffs I applied to myself:

1. Might x25
  2. Fury
  3. Vigor
  4. Grace of the Land x5
  5. Spirit of Frost
  6. Spirit of Sun
  7. Banner of Strength
  8. Banner of Discipline
  9. Empower Allies
  10. Pinpoint Distribution
  11. Alacrity
  12. Quickness

For the Golem (Average, 4 mil HP), I applied

1. Vulnerability x25
  2. Cripple

What are you playing? Quite a few professions will attack slower if you spam 1 instead of letting the autoattack work or timing it well yourself.

And I know ele is sort of infamous for "needing" to understand aftercasts to get max DPS, although ele is my 2nd most neglected profession so I can't talk too much about that.

@Fluffball.8307 said:What are you playing? Quite a few professions will attack slower if you spam 1 instead of letting the autoattack work or timing it well yourself.

And I know ele is sort of infamous for "needing" to understand aftercasts to get max DPS, although ele is my 2nd most neglected profession so I can't talk too much about that.

So far I've been trying to match Power Soulbeast, Condi Firebrand, and Condi Mirage with demonstrated benchmarks (i.e. backed video posts). Does my mismanagement of auto attacks really contribute to a 5,000 DPS loss?

Also, I seem to recall that the in-game Action Cam used to slow chain-attacks. Am I gimping myself by using Action Cam?

For firebrand you need a party of 5 since they have "venoms" that have to be shared out to meet their damage potential. With Mirage, there is a ramp up time on damage, but most importantly don't over-summon your illusions (create a 4th that causes the first to shatter) as that 4th illusion will not have the Phantasmal Force stacked up. Power SoulBeast? Can't help you there unfortunately.

@Redfeather.6401 said:Isn't there a chronomancer accompanying the player in their golem bashing?

The Special Forces Training Area has a console to give players a customizable set of buffs from any of the available professions, including unique buffs like Alacrity. So there is no need to have a variable element of a second player when you can set yourself up with permanent Alacrity.

@savacli.8172 said:For firebrand you need a party of 5 since they have "venoms" that have to be shared out to meet their damage potential. With Mirage, there is a ramp up time on damage, but most importantly don't over-summon your illusions (create a 4th that causes the first to shatter) as that 4th illusion will not have the Phantasmal Force stacked up. Power SoulBeast? Can't help you there unfortunately.

Damage potential is one thing, but I'm more interested in reaching as close as possible to benchmark numbers, which are mostly a single-player consideration. I'm aware of the Mirage's need to summon three Phantasmal Duelists as quickly as possible, and to not despawn them with further Illusions. And yet I am somehow 7,000 DPS short of qT's numbers. While I don't expect to be able to reach the exact benchmark numbers, I feel uncomfortable with the huge disparity (i.e. my DPS is 21% lower than qT's benchmark).

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:Isn't there a chronomancer accompanying the player in their golem bashing?

The Special Forces Training Area has a console to give players a customizable set of buffs from any of the available professions, including unique buffs like Alacrity. So there is no need to have a variable element of a second player when you can set yourself up with permanent Alacrity.

@savacli.8172 said:For firebrand you need a party of 5 since they have "venoms" that have to be shared out to meet their damage potential. With Mirage, there is a ramp up time on damage, but most importantly don't over-summon your illusions (create a 4th that causes the first to shatter) as that 4th illusion will not have the Phantasmal Force stacked up. Power SoulBeast? Can't help you there unfortunately.

Damage potential is one thing, but I'm more interested in reaching as close as possible to benchmark numbers, which are mostly a single-player consideration. I'm aware of the Mirage's need to summon three Phantasmal Duelists as quickly as possible, and to not despawn them with further Illusions. And yet I am somehow 7,000 DPS short of qT's numbers. While I don't expect to be able to reach the exact benchmark numbers, I feel uncomfortable with the huge disparity (i.e. my DPS is 21% lower than qT's benchmark).

Ojimaru, I am just saying that because in a couple of videos I swear I saw another player there and it looked like a mesmer.

Here is one such video!

Archived