The new sides king after the update (if nerfs for holo, spb, sb, herald, and scrap come through)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Curennos.9307 said:Escapist's Fort. should to have the heal gutted/removed. If the removal of the heal hurts other builds too much, those builds have far, far bigger issues - which shouldn't impede balancing an OP trait.

Not ever build relies on dodging 24/7 man. It’s perfectly balanced for most builds and I don’t think pw is even that op in general it’s just too ez since pw literally does all things for themSo change pw because the trait in general isn’t broken, it could be nerfed possible but a full change heck nah

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:Escapist's Fort. should to have the heal gutted/removed. If the removal of the heal hurts other builds too much, those builds have far, far bigger issues - which shouldn't impede balancing an OP trait.

Not ever build relies on dodging 24/7 man. It’s perfectly balanced for most builds and I don’t think pw is even that op in general it’s just too ez since pw literally does all things for themSo change pw because the trait in general isn’t broken, it could be nerfed possible but a full change heck nah

The DrD first tier of traits is...a physical damage mitigation, a condi damage mitigation (presumably) and heal, and then a garbage trait.

If we take Esc. Fort as the designated 'help with condi' trait, it's still better at mitigating power damage than the trait clearly intended to be the pwr dmg mitigation trait.

Mara. Res isn't exactly a slouch, either, offering 1600 extra health and 10% mitigation on top of that (~3500 or something effective health or something, forget the exact #).

@Curennos.9307 said:

The DrD first tier of traits is...a physical damage mitigation, a condi damage mitigation (presumably) and heal, and then a garbage trait.

If we take Esc. Fort as the designated 'help with condi' trait, it's still better at mitigating power damage than the trait clearly intended to be the pwr dmg mitigation trait.

Mara. Res isn't exactly a slouch, either, offering 1600 extra health and 10% mitigation on top of that (~3500 or something effective health or something, forget the exact #).

Actually I would call the first one a trait to increase tankiness and the second a sustain trait to be more accurate. The third ones not to bad either. They all do there own things tbh though I would usually take sustain just cuz it’s better for pvp though the other ones aren’t bad.I’m gonna be frank I think the biggest acceptable nerf for the second trait would be like what they did to upper hand and just increase the cd a little other wise no one will play it

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Actually I would call the first one a trait to increase tankiness and the second a sustain trait to be more accurate. The third ones not to bad either. They all do there own things tbh though I would usually take sustain just cuz it’s better for pvp though the other ones aren’t bad.I’m gonna be frank I think the biggest acceptable nerf for the second trait would be like what they did to upper hand and just increase the cd a little other wise no one will play it

I could go for an ICD increase - 2-3 sec. Higher if they want to buff the trait a little, as upping the ICD makes it worse for meta builds but buffing the trait while nerfing iwth an ICD would make it easier to make use of for off meta setups. That sounds fair, I think. With such a low CD the trait is....oppressive? Towards condi damage - if you manage to land a condi bomb you have to just stop attacking and run, otherwise you'll end up cleansing your own damage. Whiiiiich probably isn't very good design. Having a vulnerability period would also justify the heal to some extent.

I'd still hate the heal, but that sounds good 'nuff xD

@Curennos.9307 said:

I could go for an ICD increase - 2-3 sec. Higher if they want to buff the trait a little, as upping the ICD makes it worse for meta builds but buffing the trait while nerfing iwth an ICD would make it easier to make use of for off meta setups. That sounds fair, I think. With such a low CD the trait is....oppressive? Towards condi damage - if you manage to land a condi bomb you have to just stop attacking and run, otherwise you'll end up cleansing your own damage. Whiiiiich probably isn't very good design. Having a vulnerability period would also justify the heal to some extent.

what would you think to a change that would proc escapist fortitude proc ONCE per dodging ability? so 1,25 from pw CANT proc it twice and dagger cant proc it 2+ times, but it can be proced on every dodge as normal? would be very minor nerf other then very niche situations with PW/daggerstorm

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

what would you think to a change that would proc escapist fortitude proc ONCE per dodging ability? so 1,25 from pw CANT proc it twice and dagger cant proc it 2+ times, but it can be proced on every dodge as normal? would be very minor nerf other then very niche situations with PW/daggerstorm

Maybe? On one hand, it would certainly help. On the other hand, I think people should be punished to some extent - other than just the mere loss of resources or whatever it is they used - for attacking into an evade that hard.

@Curennos.9307 said:

Maybe? On one hand, it would certainly help. On the other hand, I think people should be punished to some extent - other than just the mere loss of resources or whatever it is they used - for attacking into an evade that hard.

I dont think anyone attacks THAT hard into evades, the only time it really triggers is against hits that cant be stopped like pulsing aoe/daggerstorm/clones or delayed attacks.Then again I dont think it would change much we can wonder all we want but our thoughts are useless untill we know how HARD the devs want to nerf things.