Is the average quality of Roamers Higher in EU or NA?

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Without having played on EU, I can honestly say that the quality of roamers I meet since early HoT has been deteriorating to a point where I see high ranked players that I can 1vX more and more (where X is a number higher than 2).To shed some light for you, EU players tend to milk the extra buck out of their purchase so they don't buy new games as often (rather spend the extra time to tough it out). Unlike us, US consumerists, as such we've been spoiled by the proverbial "I suck at this game, so I go buy a new one." This type of culture cultivates lazy (think bad) players. So it comes as no surprise that EU has better roamers in the grand scheme of things.I guess you becoming a better player and/or better at your class since early HoT is totally out of the question, huh?

I'm glad you brought this up, I was actually doing better in Vanilla/HoT than I do now. Strictly looking at 1vX performances.

and that might be because:people got betterclasses better balanced?

because on a similar skillevel, 1vX should always end badly for the 1.

You need to keep in mind how you are phrasing things like this. Scale affects things quite alot the way you have worded it.

EU has so much more players than NA by now that EU is likely to have more bad players and more good players. So it really depends on if you are looking to find the best average player or if you are looking to find the most good players.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Without having played on EU, I can honestly say that the quality of roamers I meet since early HoT has been deteriorating to a point where I see high ranked players that I can 1vX more and more (where X is a number higher than 2).To shed some light for you, EU players tend to milk the extra buck out of their purchase so they don't buy new games as often (rather spend the extra time to tough it out). Unlike us, US consumerists, as such we've been spoiled by the proverbial "I suck at this game, so I go buy a new one." This type of culture cultivates lazy (think bad) players. So it comes as no surprise that EU has better roamers in the grand scheme of things.I guess you becoming a better player and/or better at your class since early HoT is totally out of the question, huh?

I'm glad you brought this up, I was actually doing better in Vanilla/HoT than I do now. Strictly looking at 1vX performances.

and that might be because:people got betterclasses better balanced?

because on a similar skillevel, 1vX should always end badly for the 1.

I have the same experience as ArlAlt - my abilities to 1vX have reduced. It's a combination of things - getting older = slower reflexes/reaction time, in-game power creep (massive damage increases since then and a lot more "attack while you defend" skills have catered to bad players allowing them to dish out some/more damage before you kill them, and less playtime available due to work/relationship/life in general. Personally I found the game most balanced/skill based at Pre-Hot. Players had to time skills, bait dodges, utilize fields/blasts, actually watch for and avoid big attacks.... Now it's just spam.

hi!

ive been on 14 different servers over the course of my gw2 wvw (rank 5900) life!

irl caused me to move to na so i went there for a few years (im primarily an eu persons).

na is shit now because noone plays but 100% the roamers are better on na. na roamers play to win, eu roamers play to fight, or at least that was the case over the last 7 years in my experience!

na better roamers, that said, na is dead af, eu is the last juice.

@duillyn.2697 said:also, for those lurkers, just come to eu, we aint playing csgo out here, ping of 1/3 of a second isnt going to affect your potato kitten plays, not one bit. do it, we come have a whole bunch of kitten before this kitten dies.

really depends on ppls own internet, im uk based, on eu my ping is 30-50 and on na (where my main is) its 100-120 ish, ive decent internet at 130 ish down and 20 up.

i dont notice lag at all on na, infact i believe they have better servers than eu, and the higher ping doesnt affect me, if it goes above 200 or so id b more worried, but someone else posted their ping is 300, doubt id enjoy that.