Elementalist makes me wanna quit the game

Drakewind.8961

@"Drakewind.8961" said:I started playing about a month ago, was trying a few professions but finally settled with the ele. I loved doing the entire story btw. I found a nice guild and got into raiding. That's when I realised that I suck. The worst thing about it is that I researched my build, rotation, gear and the rotation for that boss as power weaver and my friend who is playing power ranger managed to outdo my dps with a lot less effort. I thought it's just the fact that my build requires more skill but having looked at the benchmarks and from general opinion it seems that's not the case. Even if I learn to play my spec to the maximum, ranger is still better at every role when it comes to raiding. Did I forget to mention that as the squishiest profession in the game I would very often get downed by aoe damage even though I was playing according with the mechanics. I was told there is just no reason to pick weaver over any other spec. I had a similar experience with every other aspect of the game. I am getting into pvp with power tempest off meta build and I quite enjoy that it's easy to shut down and I'm still playing on unranked. I was thinking that an elementalist would be useful in various aspects of the game, that a more complicated class would offer a better reward. The problem is that I couldn't find that reward anywhere. Judging by other posts on this subforum, ele in general is not in a good spot, and the most discussions I see that aren't about expressing dissapointment with ele, are about WvW. Is it worth even waiting for the ele to get fixed? I would like to stick with one character that can be good in most aspects of the game.

I noticed you are talking about power weaver.

I am a hardcore player who clears fractal cm everyday and all raid wings each week.

Elementalist is my main toon.

The condition weaver is really good and fun.

But for power weaver, if you compare it to other power classes, objectively there is no reason to pick it. Power Soulbeast is strictly better in every manner. (CC, boons generation, burst damage, sustained damage, survival).

If you truely master it, power weaver is fine but certainly not the best for reasons above.

Subjectively, it is very fun as you need to give everything you have and keep your hands busy.

Following is a old post, but I think it is still very relevant. MyPuppy.8970 has a really good point.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71563/elementalist-too-many-bad-and-meh-abilities

@Euclid.2517 said:

@"Drakewind.8961" said:I started playing about a month ago, was trying a few professions but finally settled with the ele. I loved doing the entire story btw. I found a nice guild and got into raiding. That's when I realised that I suck. The worst thing about it is that I researched my build, rotation, gear and the rotation for that boss as power weaver and my friend who is playing power ranger managed to outdo my dps with a lot less effort. I thought it's just the fact that my build requires more skill but having looked at the benchmarks and from general opinion it seems that's not the case. Even if I learn to play my spec to the maximum, ranger is still better at every role when it comes to raiding. Did I forget to mention that as the squishiest profession in the game I would very often get downed by aoe damage even though I was playing according with the mechanics. I was told there is just no reason to pick weaver over any other spec. I had a similar experience with every other aspect of the game. I am getting into pvp with power tempest off meta build and I quite enjoy that it's easy to shut down and I'm still playing on unranked. I was thinking that an elementalist would be useful in various aspects of the game, that a more complicated class would offer a better reward. The problem is that I couldn't find that reward anywhere. Judging by other posts on this subforum, ele in general is not in a good spot, and the most discussions I see that aren't about expressing dissapointment with ele, are about WvW. Is it worth even waiting for the ele to get fixed? I would like to stick with one character that can be good in most aspects of the game.

I noticed you are talking about
power weaver

I am a hardcore player who clears fractal cm everyday and all raid wings each week.

But for
power weaver
, if you compare it to other power classes,
objectively
there is no reason to pick it.
Power Soulbeast
is strictly better in every manner. (CC, boons generation, burst damage, sustained damage, survival).

If you truely master it, power weaver is fine but certainly not the best for reasons above.

Subjectively, it is very fun as you need to give everything you have and keep your hands busy.

Following is a old post, but I think it is still very relevant. MyPuppy.8970 has a really good point.

I cant rly agree about sustained dmg. Weaver does it a bit better.Soulbeast in fractals is quite broken becouse of one Wolf pack, which sadly can be stacked, but looking at charts weaver is top dps most of the Time. Weaver carries siax p2 quite hard, blast fury and might and gives conjurables. Also its easier to play weaver on high lvl cms than slb. Weaver is a bit of a piano class, but overall main concept of rotation is pretty straight forward

@Safandula.8723 said:

I noticed you are talking about
power weaver

But for
power weaver
, if you compare it to other power classes,
objectively
there is no reason to pick it.
Power Soulbeast
is strictly better in every manner. (CC, boons generation, burst damage, sustained damage, survival).

I cant rly agree about sustained dmg. Weaver does it a bit better.Soulbeast in fractals is quite broken becouse of one Wolf pack, which sadly can be stacked, but looking at charts weaver is top dps most of the Time. Weaver carries siax p2 quite hard, blast fury and might and gives conjurables. Also its easier to play weaver on high lvl cms than slb. Weaver is a bit of a piano class, but overall main concept of rotation is pretty straight forward

Yes, before the recent patch, power weaver had better sustained damage.

But now, power Soulbeast is also better in sustained damage.

Technically, in contrived situation like fractal where you precast everything, you could slightly outdps a power Soulbeast. But in all other real situations power Soulbeast is just better now.

But yeah, like you said in speedrun no-heal fractal CMs weaver is really nice as it brings fire field, stack might and fury and give allies conjures. That's what makes weaver meta in Fractal.

But in raid scenario pre-boon is useless and only thing you can precast is meteor shower.

Patch address

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020#latest

@"Infusion.7149" said:That's because power ranger is basically spam maul (super low cooldown) , whirling defenses, and worldly impact under "sic em" / One Wolf Pack whereas weaver actually requires knowing your class.

If you really love elementalist then keep at it. If not there's definitely easier classes.

The tables will turn if you ever step foot into WvW, where power weaver has been relevant since its inception even if has fell out of meta to revs. That's not even including raw cleanse output of tempests running fire+water traitline.

I like posts like this, spreading misinformation about 'nother class outside a thread's context. You clearly have no idea about ranger's rotations.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:That's because power ranger is basically spam maul (super low cooldown) , whirling defenses, and worldly impact under "sic em" / One Wolf Pack whereas weaver actually requires knowing your class.

If you really love elementalist then keep at it. If not there's definitely easier classes.

The tables will turn if you ever step foot into WvW, where power weaver has been relevant since its inception even if has fell out of meta to revs. That's not even including raw cleanse output of tempests running fire+water traitline.

I like posts like this, spreading misinformation about 'nother class outside a thread's context. You clearly have no idea about ranger's rotations.

He's not wrong entirely : I have 9k hrs on ele and 3.5k hrs on ranger and I can easily say that ranger is way easier to get results with as I can get results from any fight in any way I want, if I am losing mele..I can range with pets or axe-bow and win for example. In WvW the discrepancy between ele and ranger is much less apparent even if still present while in PvP....if you're good with ele, you can go far even plat with not many problems....but if you've just started no....I would not recommend to play ele..no point whatsoever in PvP unless you're ready to put down real effort