Build Template Expansion and Build Storage Expansion

<- Note: This is not a 'buy a new character slot instead' question. Plenty of those in one of these two directions. But thanks! ->

I see they are on sale, and bought one of each. They showed up in my mail, like everything else, so after acquiring them, I 'used' them (like I would anything that has some sort of 'use' option), expecting them to be added to my character. I see my 4th Build Template open, but when I go to equipment, my 4th Build Storage tab did not open. When I click on it, it thinks for a second, then says "would you like to buy one for 375?"

I already had 3, was it supposed to unlock the 4th when I used the item, like it did with the Template one, or am I missing something, and should submit a ticket about it?

If you purchased a build template expansion it is for the character you use it on.

Build storage is the left hand pane when you open a build for your character. It has no major function other than acting as a one-click option to save/restore a build to the build templates on the right hand side of the screen.

The advantage you gain from a build template is you can switch them on the fly with hotkeys.

I think you confused equipment storage with build storage. Equipment storage templates are the tabs that you get when you are on the hero equipment panel. It is NOT the left hand pane of the build templates.

That's why I advise anyone that only PvEs to buy an equipment storage template if running power+condi+support on one character. You start with 2 equipment templates and 3 build templates. Even if you WvW , if your support build in WvW is the same as your PVE one you can basically make use of 2 build templates in PVE and the 3rd in WVW.

I highly recommend reading https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Template

Ah I see it now, there is a 3rd thing for sale, and that was the thing I was trying to buy. No worries, I'm not going to complain about my mistake to them.

Yeah, I have like a PvE, and a WvW, and then another PvE that's much more support based (ironically uses the same 'template' as my main PvE, I just swap the gear out). I was thinking about maybe making a Tempest build to try on my main that another character is like. Sure, I could run that other character, but I like my main.

Thanks folks, hadn't occurred to me my issue was not realizing there were '3' things centered around the build templates, and I bought the wrong thing. Now I see what and where that thing is I bought.