Concerns about the size of the maps and large cities

The 5 regional homes to me seems small. They are more like a large outpost and not a real town (with the possible exception of DR, but it required a lot of tricks with tiny houses on the outside to make it look big). The size of the maps are too small to fit a reasonable sized town. It is hard to gasp the size of Orr as it is spread between several maps, one of them being a dungeon instance and one opened up in a very different part of the story. The maps feels unconnected.This brings me to the problem with Kaineng City. In gw1 they used the maze like properties to set boundaries that felt very natural, but with gw2 and the ability to fly you need more visible boundaries between maps and I am afraid they destroy the feel of a large city.

How do you feel about this? With the current size maps would it be possible to have a large scale city that feels big? Should the Kaineng City map be made bigger (if possible)?

I don’t think it would be possible to have a truly large city with fast running, leaping, jumping mounts and flying, not unless they have a lot of walls and barriers that mounts can’t cross. The only way maybe if the whole map was a city which would seem to be a waste of resources unless it was a PvE map and had a lot of dynamic events in it.