Legendary Weapons

Rbn.8197

Hi there folks,i was a player of day one, back in august 2012...after over 5 months of straight playing, my guild and me sadly quitted the game.After 7,5 years i decided to come back and play again. This game is still amazing!Now i'm wondering about those Legendary weapon changes.I was one of the first people who crafted the legendary Kudzu in 2012 and were totalyl proud of it of course.

Now i see, there werde made few changes to that system and my old Kudzu, isnt that strong as the current one is.See image below...

unknown.png?width=1441&height=576

Is there anything i can do, like a trade with an npc or something to get the new one? Or do i have to completly craft it again?

And whats the diffrent between those legendary who are violett and pink?unknown.png

Some explanations would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advancedGreetings Rbn

@"Rbn.8197" said:Hi there folks,i was a player of day one, back in august 2012...after over 5 months of straight playing, my guild and me sadly quitted the game.After 7,5 years i decided to come back and play again. This game is still amazing!Now i'm wondering about those Legendary weapon changes.I was one of the first people who crafted the legendary Kudzu in 2012 and were totalyl proud of it of course.

Now i see, there werde made few changes to that system and my old Kudzu, isnt that strong as the current one is.See image below...

unknown.png?width=1441&height=576

Is there anything i can do, like a trade with an npc or something to get the new one? Or do i have to completly craft it again?

And whats the diffrent between those legendary who are violett and pink?unknown.png

Some explanations would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advancedGreetings Rbn

The "Kutzu" you have equipped is an exotic bow with the skin of Kutzu on top of it, which is why it has lower stats. You can see the words: "Transmuted: Berserker's Pearl Stinger", which means the weapons is a Pearl Stinger disguised to look like Kutzu.

Actual Legendary Weapons are purple. Pink weapons are Ascended weapons which have the same stats as Legendary but cannot swap them while out of combat. You need to find your "real" Kutzu somewhere in your bags, your bank or another character.

I think you will need to contact Customer Support and ask them to fix it for you.

Back in 2012 exotic was the top tier of equipment, so at the time legendaries had the same stats as exotic weapons, and it wasn't possible to choose which stats they came with. Therefore standard practice was to make a legendary and then get an exotic weapon with the stats you wanted and use a transmutation crystal to combine the two - ending up with a weapon with both the stats and skin that you wanted. (Note: this destroyed both the original weapons and made a new one with the chosen stats and skin.)

In September 2013 ascended weapons were introduced and legendary weapons were automatically upgraded to have ascended stats and gained the ability to swap stats. This was done because ascended weapons were advertised as a long-term goal, somewhere between exotic and ascended in difficulty and understandably a lot of players weren't happy at the idea of making a legendary and then having to start another long process just to be able to use it.

At the time the fix was simple: If you'd used a transmutation crystal to make a legendary with different stats you just needed to use a transmutation splitter to restore the original legendary and the exotic weapon.

The problem is that in April 2014 the Wardrobe was introduced and the entire way transmutation works was changed - now skins are automatically saved in the wardrobe and you use a transmutation charge to apply the skin you want to an item, instead of needing to find an item with that skin and combine the two. This made transmutation splitters redundant and so they were removed from the game (any players had got turned into transmutation charges).

So that is the OP's "real" Kudzu - it's just been combined with an exotic longbow. As far as I know there is no way for players to reverse that any more, but if you contact Support and explain you've been away since 2012 and so missed the transmutation and wardrobe changes they should be able to undo the transmutation for you and get the original (and now upgraded) legendary back.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I think you will need to contact Customer Support and ask them to fix it for you.

Back in 2012 exotic was the top tier of equipment, so at the time legendaries had the same stats as exotic weapons, and it wasn't possible to choose which stats they came with. Therefore standard practice was to make a legendary and then get an exotic weapon with the stats you wanted and use a transmutation crystal to combine the two - ending up with a weapon with both the stats and skin that you wanted. (Note: this destroyed both the original weapons and made a new one with the chosen stats and skin.)

In September 2013 ascended weapons were introduced and legendary weapons were automatically upgraded to have ascended stats and gained the ability to swap stats. This was done because ascended weapons were advertised as a long-term goal, somewhere between exotic and ascended in difficulty and understandably a lot of players weren't happy at the idea of making a legendary and then having to start another long process just to be able to use it.

At the time the fix was simple: If you'd used a transmutation crystal to make a legendary with different stats you just needed to use a transmutation splitter to restore the original legendary and the exotic weapon.

The problem is that in April 2014 the Wardrobe was introduced and the entire way transmutation works was changed - now skins are automatically saved in the wardrobe and you use a transmutation charge to apply the skin you want to an item, instead of needing to find an item with that skin and combine the two. This made transmutation splitters redundant and so they were removed from the game (any players had got turned into transmutation charges).

So that is the OP's "real" Kudzu - it's just been combined with an exotic longbow. As far as I know there is no way for players to reverse that any more, but if you contact Support and explain you've been away since 2012 and so missed the transmutation and wardrobe changes they should be able to undo the transmutation for you and get the original (and now upgraded) legendary back.

That explains a lot. I'm trying to conact them.Back in 2012 i still had to gather all the materials which are required for legendaries today. So i had to spend 500gold+ (which were a lot back then) and craft all the gifts for making this weapon. I took me a very long time to get this "legendary" and now it's like a normal exotic. That kinda hurts.It's like the OG Kudzu, maybe i can get the upgraded version.

Thanks a lot for your answer.