s/d dd viable in spvp/wvw?

Dido.9148

S/d is a bit "easier" than d/p in regards to picking of zerglings or them cloud fights around objectives because of the port back, but it can be a bit harder to actually duel/kill compitent people though since you are always visable and a lot of people can predict what's going to happen whe you engage, also first part of #3 locks you in an animation so you will be subsequently set up for a cc/burst.

But s/d is more fun, spamming stealth is kinda boring on d/p lol

If you're talking thief vs thief, D/P will usually be stronger because of blinds, target breaks and better spike damage. If you're talking thief vs everything else, both have their pros and cons and it largely comes down to what you prefer, although target breaks are still significant vs good opponents as has already been said.

D/p off hand probably has better response to what you need to shut down fast in spvp. I mostly play WvW and I still end up going back to s/d for every one of that kits skill slots. In WvW maps, I'd also want to have s/?, shortbow, or rifle for Death's Retreat to scale obstacles. Shadow Shot can climb a small ledge or something similar once in awhile but it's too hit or miss.