Bolt III: Incompetent for reaching the not so secret end platform

Hesione.9412

Hi all,

I spent the better part of two hours trying to do this puzzle today, with a portal rewinder, and finally died (rewinder had run out!). I was focussed on healing through the damage rather than making sure there was uptime on the rewinder. I think I was on the second-to-last platform ahead of where I have to charge the quartz crystal.

I managed to get the bottle of aetherblade energy from the JP. All I need to do is to interact with the right platform. Apparently this is somewhere vertically between the end of the JP and the diving goggles.

I'm on an NA server.

Is that the Aetherblade one? Just get a Mesmer to portal you to the end. Or near the end, wherever you need that crystal charged.Wait til you have to do the Ember Bay JP for a legendary, you can't just portal to where you need to go, you have to actually do it because it won't let you open the chest if you didn't reach all the checkpoints. Ugh... :tongue:

@Hesione.9412 said:Hi all,

I spent the better part of two hours trying to do this puzzle today, with a portal rewinder, and finally died (rewinder had run out!). I was focussed on healing through the damage rather than making sure there was uptime on the rewinder. I think I was on the second-to-last platform ahead of where I have to charge the quartz crystal.

I managed to get the bottle of aetherblade energy from the JP. All I need to do is to interact with the right platform. Apparently this is somewhere vertically between the end of the JP and the diving goggles.

I'm on an NA server.

If you dont mind. use the springer to bypass the most annoying part of the puzzle.

The point for charging is on the way to the googles for diving - jump from the platform on some cubes - I think after jumping on the second platform after the horizontal "jump" from the rotating wheel.My advice (I'm serious :# ) is to delay the Bolt and to start crafting the Sunrise. During the collections you will have again to do the same path and to charge something for this too. The points are very close one to another. If you ever wants to make the Sunrise, then I think it is worth. Better to wait for another precursor than to do twice this .... maddening puzzle.

@"Cristalyan.5728" said:The point for charging is on the way to the googles for diving - jump from the platform on some cubes - I think after jumping on the second platform after the horizontal "jump" from the rotating wheel.My advice (I'm serious :# ) is to delay the Bolt and to start crafting the Sunrise. During the collections you will have again to do the same path and to charge something for this too. The points are very close one to another. If you ever wants to make the Sunrise, then I think it is worth. Better to wait for another precursor than to do twice this .... maddening puzzle.

The path to the platform for Sunrise is much easier.

Thanks all. Meow Ren, I will look you up, thank you.

Yes, it's somewhere post-chest. Instead of jumping down onto the airship, you have to jump up to the first of two of those whirly things. The first one is supposed to land you on the second one (as long as you aim right) and then the second one puts you onto a platform (as long as you aim right). But the second whirly thing has a pipe to the side that directs ?steam onto it. So the longer you stay on that part, the more damage you're taking. No matter where you put your portal rewind position, you are going to take damage when you rewind back. In this area, mounts are unable to be used.

It's a really horrid task you have to do for the collection. I wish it was the blue ring thing just before the jump to the chest. I went there thinking it was and wondering why there was no interaction. I managed to get back up to where I was from there, and then things turned to custard.

There are three jumping puzzle requirements for Bolt III :( I managed the other two.

@"Hesione.9412" said:The first one is supposed to land you on the second one (as long as you aim right) and then the second one puts you onto a platform (as long as you aim right). But the second whirly thing has a pipe to the side that directs ?steam onto it. So the longer you stay on that part, the more damage you're taking. No matter where you put your portal rewind position, you are going to take damage when you rewind back.

I think the spinning wheels have been broken for years.

There are a couple work arounds.1) bring an engineer with a rifle and use the 5 skill instead, daredevil staff 5 and dragonhunter f2 might work as well2) bring any character with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Rifle and use the 2 skill3) aim to the side of the spinning wheel and use weapon swap to stop when you are at the right position, this is pretty tricky