[Suggestion] Passkey

Vitor.4597

Assuming this is about the lounge passes I think it could work and I can see why some players would want it (especially those who bought one early when there weren't many options) but there would have to be some additional cost or restrictions to stop players from just buying one and then swapping it around whenever they wanted a different one.

For a start I'd restrict it to only the ones sold in the gem store. I don't think it should be possible to exchange the Lily of the Elon pass for another because that's effectively cheaper than the rest as a result of being part of a bundle. I also don't think it should be possible to exchange another pass for the Champion's Rest one because that's a PvP reward.

For the others I think it would have to be either a one-time swap or you'd have to exchange the pass and another item for the new one, so it's not something you could just do whenever you felt like it. Maybe a gold/gem cost, or maybe something like you exchange a pass and a Legendary Spike for the Amistice Bastion pass, a pass and a Golden Fractal Relic for the Mistlock Sanctuary pass, a pass and some Airship Parts for the Noble's Folly pass, and so on (nothing you can only get once, but something which requires playing related content). Maybe the ones which don't have additional features could be cheaper/easier than the ones which do.

the main issue is why Arenanet should do this? It is allready possible to buy access to another vip lounge.What I would like to see is a vip lounge select license instead of changing permament and 2 week access vip lounges.This vip lounge select license let you access all vip lounges as much as you want, but all services are not available for you (so you can walk around, see the services available and enjoy the scenery, but when you talk to e.g. the merchant, the merchant window does not pop up. When you are in a vip area and you click the vip lounge select license, you can choose to leave and check another, or to pick that lounge. The vip lounge select license is consumed then and you recieve the scroll or ticket or key belonging to this.

This means people can try the lounges before hand and do not have to wait for their favourite one to be available. obviously it would be good if there is a 2 week option and a permanent option.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:the main issue is why Arenanet should do this? It is allready possible to buy access to another vip lounge.

Because people like me will consider buying one and then put it off indefinitely just in case an even better pass comes along later on. This reduces the 'risk' because if you buy one then realise you'd prefer a different one you can swap it instead of being stuck with it. It means Anet get 1000 gems now instead of the possibility of maybe getting 1000 gems one day in the future when they happen to release that player's perfect pass...but maybe not even then because what if an even more perfect one comes along later?

I did eventually buy the Armistice Bastion pass, on the basis that if they'd released six I didn't really want and one I couldn't access (Champion's Rest) and then one I did want it's unlikely another one I want will come along anytime soon. (I do also have the Lily of the Elon pass but I didn't choose to buy that specifically, it just meant my criteria for getting another one was even more strict because it had to be better than the Lily.)

But that's also why I said it could be a one-time swap. So you can't use this system to gain access to all the lounges for the price of 1 pass, but it still removes the risk of being stuck with the one you already had when an even better one comes along.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:What I would like to see is a vip lounge select license instead of changing permament and 2 week access vip lounges.This vip lounge select license let you access all vip lounges as much as you want, but all services are not available for you (so you can walk around, see the services available and enjoy the scenery, but when you talk to e.g. the merchant, the merchant window does not pop up. When you are in a vip area and you click the vip lounge select license, you can choose to leave and check another, or to pick that lounge. The vip lounge select license is consumed then and you recieve the scroll or ticket or key belonging to this.

This means people can try the lounges before hand and do not have to wait for their favourite one to be available. obviously it would be good if there is a 2 week option and a permanent option.

I like this idea too. That's another reason it took me so long to get one, chances to try them out without buying the 2 week passes are hard to come by and the only one you can really see from outside is the Royal Terrace so it's difficult to know which one you'd like best.

I'd also like them to add some sort of universal portal scroll book, because another thing that puts me off getting more of these passes or things like the Living World map portals is I then need space to store all of them and a way to find the one I want. I end up just waypointing to most places to avoid having to carry another item just in case I need it.