Anyone Else Feel Necro Will Get Shields For The New Spec??

MatyrGustav.6210

@Lily.1935 said:

@"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:Swords is all we need, double sword vampire single target dps duelist, a bit of sustain more mobile than usual necro.Shield and hammer could be nice options too, ofc shield would be for a true tank spec, hammer idkBut no more shroud less specs or slow heavy hitting bs, cauz that didn't work properly before. Just start with a nice balance concept in mind without have to swing the spec from trash to op and reverse

Necromancer has too many sustain traits as it is. Needs to be cut by at least half. We're already too tanky at face value.

As for sword I do think it's most likely as well. My speculation comes from it being the most popular option as well as I have a suspicion that Sacrifice is going to be utilized for the next elite spec in some way. Blood bank makes me think this because barrier can be used as the health cost for Health Loss skills. You can test this yourself with signet of Undeath. I actually did by mistake and later tested again to confirm. Although I suspect it wasn't always that way but I can't confirm that.

A vampire/bloodmage spec is actually quite a high probability based on my speculation. And sword would be the best option imo.

But what about bone skills, you think theres a chance for tradition Bone and summon skeleton necro spec?

Shield would be great for bones. But I don't know. It's hard to speculate. Even my speculation is built on thin ice so it could be super wrong.

Perhaps a bone collector which is sorta a Bloodborn or Dark souls thing. Which could work in a Horror trope.

If its a shield i have a feeling we will get to transform into a Bone thing or just summon bone armor for the next shroud mechanic. If its just Bone armor, maybe we could still use our normal attacks, and it would just mitigate damage like a massive barrier. But i dont think the community will be happy with that.

Everyone seems to want a Vampire Sword Necro, in which would be really cool. If so i hope its Dual sword to give some options for people to go ???/Sword or Sword/???.

It highly depends on how its executed. I think a "Bone spec" needs to do something unique enough that the core, scourge and reaper don't currently do. Sword Sword would be interesting but not sure what an offhand sword would really do for a necromancer. Main hand sword could be our melee condi weapon which we don't have. Offhand? not sure. Would be nice for Arena net to add more core weapons and not just elite spec weapons but that might be asking a bit much.

I'd like to see a sword/sword elite spec be extremely aggressive and mobile (but only into battle, not out of it. I.e. leaps/teleports requiring a target ala Steal). Play up that hunger angle. Needs to have something to make it more resilient to CC, though.

I've had an idea for a trait where each time you're disabled, you get a stack of a buff. Upon hitting 3 stacks, automatic stunbreak. Stacks are not consumed, but have individual durations. End result: the necro can still be disabled when important, but spamming stuns will just make them immune.

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:and a new mechanic - perhaps healing reversal/negation/mitigation?skill that debuffs the target and redirects a portion of their healing to you? Or a trait that's "Enemies you have poisoned have the reduced healing redirected to you?" For example, a target you poisoned has an incoming heal of 100. They get healed 67, as normal under poison, but you get healed 33.

I dunno, just spitballing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:Swords is all we need, double sword vampire single target dps duelist, a bit of sustain more mobile than usual necro.Shield and hammer could be nice options too, ofc shield would be for a true tank spec, hammer idkBut no more shroud less specs or slow heavy hitting bs, cauz that didn't work properly before. Just start with a nice balance concept in mind without have to swing the spec from trash to op and reverse

Necromancer has too many sustain traits as it is. Needs to be cut by at least half. We're already too tanky at face value.

As for sword I do think it's most likely as well. My speculation comes from it being the most popular option as well as I have a suspicion that Sacrifice is going to be utilized for the next elite spec in some way. Blood bank makes me think this because barrier can be used as the health cost for Health Loss skills. You can test this yourself with signet of Undeath. I actually did by mistake and later tested again to confirm. Although I suspect it wasn't always that way but I can't confirm that.

A vampire/bloodmage spec is actually quite a high probability based on my speculation. And sword would be the best option imo.

But what about bone skills, you think theres a chance for tradition Bone and summon skeleton necro spec?

Shield would be great for bones. But I don't know. It's hard to speculate. Even my speculation is built on thin ice so it could be super wrong.

Perhaps a bone collector which is sorta a Bloodborn or Dark souls thing. Which could work in a Horror trope.

If its a shield i have a feeling we will get to transform into a Bone thing or just summon bone armor for the next shroud mechanic. If its just Bone armor, maybe we could still use our normal attacks, and it would just mitigate damage like a massive barrier. But i dont think the community will be happy with that.

Everyone seems to want a Vampire Sword Necro, in which would be really cool. If so i hope its Dual sword to give some options for people to go ???/Sword or Sword/???.

I'd like to see a sword/sword elite spec be extremely aggressive and mobile (but only into battle, not out of it. I.e. leaps/teleports requiring a target ala Steal). Play up that
hunger
angle. Needs to have something to make it more resilient to CC, though.

Not being able to kite the new elite like every other Necro build would cost something; sustain, burst, corruption, etc. What would you suggest a fair trade might be that would still keep the elite valuable?

I've had an idea for a trait where each time you're disabled, you get a stack of a buff. Upon hitting 3 stacks, automatic stunbreak. Stacks are not consumed, but have individual durations. End result: the necro can still be disabled when important, but spamming stuns will just make them immune.

This sounds like a passive and somewhat random skill like staff having a 20% chance for its AA to be a finisher. If Arenanet deleted Foot in the Grave, which took skill to use because it also put the player into shroud and started both the invulnerability and stability skills to go on cool down, then a stun break that happens automatically as a reward for taking CC three times quickly is unlikely.

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:and a new mechanic - perhaps healing reversal/negation/mitigation?skill that debuffs the target and redirects a portion of their healing to you? Or a trait that's "Enemies you have poisoned have the reduced healing redirected to you?" For example, a target you poisoned has an incoming heal of 100. They get healed 67, as normal under poison, but you get healed 33.

I dunno, just spitballing.

This idea reminds me a little of Parasitic Contagion.

Keep spitballing. Sometimes something sticks and other times it inspires ideas and variants that have even more value.

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:I'd like to see a sword/sword elite spec be extremely aggressive and mobile (but only into battle, not out of it. I.e. leaps/teleports requiring a target ala Steal). Play up that hunger angle. Needs to have something to make it more resilient to CC, though.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure if ANet were to go the "hunger" angle, it wouldn't be by giving the necromancer more mobility but throught unwelcome traits/effects triggering whenever you kill/down a foe, you know like soul comprehension or thief's signet of power.

Objectively, a trait like that would be immediately nerfed to oblivion where it matter (sPvP/WvW) with something like a 300s CD. I'm not sure it would be worth implementing.

Personnally, I'd welcome a proper off-hand power weapon that could be paired with axe (implying a bit of range for it's skills). I've never forgiven ANet for ruining all the core power option for off-hand by plaging them with unsightly vampiric effects. I could careless whether it's sword, axe, shield, mace or pistol, I'd just want it to be a good power based off-hand.