A disk-I/O error has occurred; Guild Wars 2 will now Terminate.

3rd (and last) update. I was able to play w/no further issues.If anyone else receives the Disk-I/O Error, I highly suggest you check your HDD or SSD first.However if you don't find a problem, try uninstalling and then reinstalling GW2. It seemed to work for me.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I suggest you create a folder specifically dedicated to Games and install all your games there, as the Program folders are also used for some of the OS related programs.

And what do you think this would do?

They are still on the same disk and still in the same blocks, a folder or location in the UI has nothing to do with placement on the physical disk. Now, if you wanted to make a separate partition for games so in the case of corruption you can do a block by block wipe to see if it will fix the problem without having to wipe the whole drive and as such OS and have to reinstall everything else, that might help in some very limited cases. Other than that, making a folder just for games will not do anything for disk related problems.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I suggest you create a folder specifically dedicated to Games and install all your games there, as the Program folders are also used for some of the OS related programs.

And what do you think this would do?

Bring order to your system. ;)

P.S. Should have added suggestion to add a separate logical drive (partition) for your games (and perhaps non-system related programs as well).

Edit: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6443236-not-installing-game-in-cprogramfilesx86-benefits/ These are just some examples out of several reasons why one should never install games in the OS Programs folders.