What is going on with Piken Square population status?

bambi.6214

Population balance is terrible on all tiers. Because they don't compare time slices during the day, even matches that show the score as 'close' are just awful for everyone playing. One server dominates the other over a chunk of a day and then the next server does. Alliances can't come quick enough. Players have proven to be totally inept in balancing ourselves out and Anet's efforts to date have not been much better. Alliances is our last hope (and 'no', there is not another you Star Wars geeks)

Is making a "piken is full" thread every two days really necessary? Arenanet doesn't care about your server, thus the piken players themselves are keeping the server locked and full. You are playing EVEN more now that you dont have a link, you are trying to somehow compensate for the loss of players. But by doing this you actually keep your server closed to your own FRIENDS. Imagine that, you are actually griefing the "friends" that are seperated from you on some other link trying to get to piken, how funny is that. Anet's algorithm, however flawed it is, decided that piken had one of the biggest total hours played compared to other servers. You got ALOT of people playing in small groups all over the day, capping and ninja'ing structures. How about you ask people to chill a bit for a while and open your server? Oh wait no you cannot because nobody can reason with these people. Guess you are stuck in the same situation for another couple of weeks then :)

@"Ralith Arkane.8371" said:The exact same thing is happening over here in NA with Yak's Bend. We've been listed as "full" for months, but have no active guilds during the NA daytime or overnight (so no EU or SEA presence). Just wondering if there is any hope of some of these servers opening up or if we're being purposefully killed off. If that's the case, though, not sure putting us in T2 to start the re-link (with the same server we had last link, so no population change) after being in T4 for weeks before is the best way to do that. Hoping we open up soon.

I only speak from my experience, but on the servers I play I have never switched, and have always "weathered out the storm". Now how long that storm lasts, is another story - it can be months, or the next bandwagon could be weeks. All in all, not many would have that patience unless you are loyal or dedicated to your server and my guess is the majority do not have the time or patience for that, they just want to play with a semi semblance of fair number fights. This is a big problem. People will be demotivated, go dormant mode, guilds go awol... all part of the snowball effect, whilst the majority of those on the servers doing the stomping couldn't really care less though they would not admit it (there will be those that don't agree with it of course, and will find no fun from it - it's no fun to roflstomp either). This is the altered beast that WvW is, unpredictable and self destructive, and equal parts a problem of both Anet and the people that play (an effect due to the way it is setup).I do not have much confidence that alliance will solve any issues, especially in the long term. If anything, I hope it does not prolong roflstomping and burnout. Maybe it can alleviate some issues, but I hope it doesn't contribute to more than it tries to fix.

I really don't care about winning or losing match ups. The game mode has never been about that, there's literally no reward from this (well, there's 1 or 2 more pips, hurray), I can't even remember which place we had last week, coz it does not matter. All I want to know is, how are we supposed to build community and grow guilds with no new faces on the scene of Piken Square? This game was supposed to be about playing together, inviting friends to play with us."Come play GW2, it's fun! What server am I on?... Yeaaa, we can't really play together because our server is permanently full for 6 months..."

@"Samug.6512" said:I really don't care about winning or losing match ups. The game mode has never been about that, there's literally no reward from this (well, there's 1 or 2 more pips, hurray), I can't even remember which place we had last week, coz it does not matter. All I want to know is, how are we supposed to build community and grow guilds with no new faces on the scene of Piken Square? This game was supposed to be about playing together, inviting friends to play with us."Come play GW2, it's fun! What server am I on?... Yeaaa, we can't really play together because our server is permanently full for 6 months..."

Piken: “We’ve been closed for 6 months and can’t play with our friends!!!”

Blackgate and JQ: “Hold my beer”

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Samug.6512" said:I really don't care about winning or losing match ups. The game mode has never been about that, there's literally no reward from this (well, there's 1 or 2 more pips, hurray), I can't even remember which place we had last week, coz it does not matter. All I want to know is, how are we supposed to build community and grow guilds with no new faces on the scene of Piken Square? This game was supposed to be about playing together, inviting friends to play with us."Come play GW2, it's fun! What server am I on?... Yeaaa, we can't really play together because our server is permanently full for 6 months..."

Piken: “We’ve been closed for 6 months and can’t play with our friends!!!”

Blackgate and JQ: “Hold my beer”I'm sorry I do not follow the situation on NA server, but I understand you are in similar state? I find less and less incentive to play this game.