New Chaos Storm Animation

Deaeira.2651

How do you like the new chaos storm animation?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the new chaos storm animation?

• Better
    • Same
    • Worse
    • I don't care

I don't know how far back you guys were playing but there was a GFX nerf way back because anet thought to get more numbers people who played on potatoes should be able to play. Now that tech is moving forward it seems to me they are slowly but surely reverting those changes.

Man hindsight in the game is a series of avoid anything of risk sadly they coulda been in ff14's spot but they chose to walk the path of least resistance.

They reverted there amazing Map making in HoT sadly.

They reverted underwater combat.

They reverted pvp a few times.

A series of trying to cater or save face i don't know which but whomever Anet is trying to please its lead to some wild choices.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

I don't get it. You mean the circle? That's a change on every ethereal combo field, not just chaos storm.

I'm missing the "electricity" effect - don't have a good way of explaining but you can see it e.g. in a WP video at 24m14s:

Now it's just the circle with the inside pretty flat. And your'e right my first thought was that it now looks like Null Field now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

I remember a time when Chaos Storm had a mirror-like bubble effect with violet electricity inside it. I don't know why they changed that to this nonsense.

It's a bit hard to see in a screenshot, but did it look anything like this?

https://imgur.com/a/H3p1L3V

It still has the sort of distorted glass effect aswell as the lightning.

The only thing different from my Chaos Storms compared to the video on the mesmer page in the gw2 site is the reduced fog effect.

21 hours ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

The only thing different from my Chaos Storms compared to the video on the mesmer page in the gw2 site is the reduced fog effect.

Hm perhaps it is only the fog... it looks very similar to your screenshots on my machine as well. Thanks for comparing!

On 8/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

Yeah that's how mine looks as well. For some reason it doesnt always show that though. Sometimes its just a purple ring.

Just now, DraconusShade.4590 said:

Yeah that's how mine looks as well. For some reason it doesnt always show that though. Sometimes its just a purple ring.

Like I mentioned, depending on your PC it may take a while for particle effects to load, especially if you just opened the game. For me it takes about 2 casts of chaos storm for the particle effects to fully load, counting from the moment I logged into the game, the first couple casts are just a purple ring.

During large crowd events they may also not load sometimes, it's really a matter of what your PC can process and how much stuff the game is throwing at it at the moment.