Warrior traits that increase the damage off cc abilities

kmark.8519

I think Anet forgot something here when they nerfed the damage component of cc skills... that there is a class that had the "damage on cc" part of their mechanic, so much that a lot of traits in the various trees are actually buffing those damage... now some of my cc skills do 6 damage, if I select a trait it does 12... please fix it Anet. Thx.

• Haha 2

I agree, traits buffing CC damage now are pointless and should be reworked. They have little purpose on warrior now. 

now, I don’t necessarily think adding damage back to CC is the right move for a lot of skills, or where they necessarily went wrong. 9k bulls rush and 5k shield bash was getting out of control. However, also reducing warrior’s normal damage skills an equal amount to every other class when we already lost a large chunk of damage from CC skills being neutered made warrior get a significant reduction in damage. 

However, Mace and Hammer were anomalous. They should not have been hit in the same way imo. What I think should be done, and I’m by no means correct in this, just adding my ideas to the conversation, is to add an adjustment to mace and hammer CC damage mods to the respective hammer and mace traits. This would give the weapons their damage back when traited, and give a use to the CC damage mod traits. I also believe it would open some flexibility in warrior’s weapon choices, making hammer and mace more viable. I don’t think it would make them meta, but it would at least be viable in competitive modes. 

just my thoughts, would love to hear your feedback 🙂 

15 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I agree, traits buffing CC damage now are pointless and should be reworked. They have little purpose on warrior now. 

now, I don’t necessarily think adding damage back to CC is the right move for a lot of skills, or where they necessarily went wrong. 9k bulls rush and 5k shield bash was getting out of control. However, also reducing warrior’s normal damage skills an equal amount to every other class when we already lost a large chunk of damage from CC skills being neutered made warrior get a significant reduction in damage. 

However, Mace and Hammer were anomalous. They should not have been hit in the same way imo. What I think should be done, and I’m by no means correct in this, just adding my ideas to the conversation, is to add an adjustment to mace and hammer CC damage mods to the respective hammer and mace traits. This would give the weapons their damage back when traited, and give a use to the CC damage mod traits. I also believe it would open some flexibility in warrior’s weapon choices, making hammer and mace more viable. I don’t think it would make them meta, but it would at least be viable in competitive modes. 

just my thoughts, would love to hear your feedback 🙂 

Exactly, Bulls Charge was probably OP with how hard it could hit in addition to its utility.. but nerfing our class mechanic that costs a resource we have to charge up to only deal 6 damage is just bonkers