Crafting Eternity

Hello all.

Just got back to the game a week ago after a break for few years, and i am trying to catch up with all the changes that are in the game. One of the most confusing parts was Legendary Armory, so i will ask here what confuses me. Apologies if this was answered before, maybe my google skills are not what are they used to be.

I have Sunrise in my legendary armory, i presume that it means that is it account bound, and i no longer have it in my inventory as an item. What i do have is something called "Memory of Sunrise" in my inventory, not quite sure what it does.

Question: If i make Twilight now, will i be able to make Eternity and sell it?

If i make Twilight, will i be able to add it to my legendary armory to use as a skin like my Sunrise, but sell the Eternity? I am still confused, hope to find the answers here. 

Thank you in advance.

To be honest the wiki shows 2 recipes wich are either twilight and sunrise or their respective memories. I don't think at all that you can mix memory of sunrise and a twilight to craft eternity. You will eventually need to bind twilight, get by doing so its memory and then craft eternity with the one you already have, which will result in an account bound eternity. I might be wrong but thats what comes to my mind. Hope it helps.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

I years ago made Twilight twice for the Twice Told Legend title. I made one into Eternity, which I bound. That left me with a remaining Twilight, which I had at times considered making into a second Eternity to gift to a family member. Twilight was my first legendary. My sword was SPECIAL to me. It would have been a very significant thing to make that into Eternity to gift that to become that family member's first legendary.

"Memory of Twilight" doesn't hold the same significance for me that my sword actually did. I had planned to start making Sunrise and make that second Eternity as a gift.

If that isn't an option now that just CANNOT be "working as intended". Skins are unlocked when you mystic forge an item. Meaning someone putting two unbound greatswords in to make Eternity would STILL get the Sunrise and Twilight skins. If the "memory of" items don't give an unbound Eternity it needs to be addressed so that they DO give an unbound Eternity.

1 hour ago, Nightmaria.8316 said:

Is anyone able to confirm this?

I years ago made Twilight twice for the Twice Told Legend title. I made one into Eternity, which I bound. That left me with a remaining Twilight, which I had at times considered making into a second Eternity to gift to a family member. Twilight was my first legendary. My sword was SPECIAL to me. It would have been a very significant thing to make that into Eternity to gift that to become that family member's first legendary.

"Memory of Twilight" doesn't hold the same significance for me that my sword actually did. I had planned to start making Sunrise and make that second Eternity as a gift.

If that isn't an option now that just CANNOT be "working as intended". Skins are unlocked when you mystic forge an item. Meaning someone putting two unbound greatswords in to make Eternity would STILL get the Sunrise and Twilight skins. If the "memory of" items don't give an unbound Eternity it needs to be addressed so that they DO give an unbound Eternity.

It is working as intended, why did you bind both twilights?

Is it that you just didn't actually bother reading my post, or you don't know what the "Twice Told Legend" achievement is? That title requires two bound copies of the same legendary item. Before the "armory" mess I would have been able to take my second twilight and make that eternity out of it to gift. The "memory of" item needs to be addressed to restore that functionality if it results in a bound eternity instead of an unbound one.

Again someone mystic forging sunrise and twilight STILL technically "bind" and get those skins before getting eternity from said forging. The memory items should NOT behave differently. It makes no sense at all for them to behave differently.

9 hours ago, Nightmaria.8316 said:

Is it that you just didn't actually bother reading my post, or you don't know what the "Twice Told Legend" achievement is? That title requires two bound copies of the same legendary item. Before the "armory" mess I would have been able to take my second twilight and make that eternity out of it to gift. The "memory of" item needs to be addressed to restore that functionality if it results in a bound eternity instead of an unbound one.

Again someone mystic forging sunrise and twilight STILL technically "bind" and get those skins before getting eternity from said forging. The memory items should NOT behave differently. It makes no sense at all for them to behave differently.

Was kinda tierd so missed that part.

Guess you should have crafted the second eternity earlier.

Someone who did that and sold their eternity now got no legendary great sword in their armory btw.

They never said the armory was going to result in legendaries being ripped from your inventory without any consent and that the item was going to change the function when you use it to make eternity. No, you are NOT going to put blame on me here. That's like buying a car and having the dealer show up later with a team to remove your engine.

The "memory of" item needs to be addressed. That SHOULD result in an unbound eternity. I don't CARE if they have to rig it so using the item removes a sword from the armory. It still needs to be addressed. You should also be able to throw an unbound sword in with it for the eternity recipe.

Again, can anyone actually confirm the memory item resulting in a bound eternity? Someone that's actually used the items? Or someone that is planning to that can confirm at a later date is fine.

2 hours ago, Nightmaria.8316 said:

They never said the armory was going to result in legendaries being ripped from your inventory without any consent and that the item was going to change the function when you use it to make eternity. No, you are NOT going to put blame on me here. That's like buying a car and having the dealer show up later with a team to remove your engine.

The "memory of" item needs to be addressed. That SHOULD result in an unbound eternity. I don't CARE if they have to rig it so using the item removes a sword from the armory. It still needs to be addressed. You should also be able to throw an unbound sword in with it for the eternity recipe.

Again, can anyone actually confirm the memory item resulting in a bound eternity? Someone that's actually used the items? Or someone that is planning to that can confirm at a later date is fine.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

"Unbound legendaries will remain in your inventory. If you own bound copies of Sunrise or Twilight, the greatswords will be added to your Legendary Armory and you’ll receive tokens to use in crafting Eternity (an Eternity produced using tokens will be account-bound)"

They did tell us beforehand.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 1

Unless the wiki is incorrect:

Eternity crafted from Memory of Sunrise and Memory of Twilight will be automatically bound to your Legendary Armory and can't be sold.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternity

Which is also how the developers explained it would be.

Now there are fringe cases which are not covered. Yes, having multiple Twilight or Sunrise and NOT crafting Eternity before the change sucks. Just as it now sucks that players are unable to get the Sunrise/Twilight skins without committing to Eternity.

Doubtful that there will be any action by the developers on this matter any more given:

1. the affected parties will be very small

2. having multiple Twilight/Sunrise still grants a benefit (up to 2 per) in unlocking (see players who have multiple legendary armors from multiple modes). For any legendary beyond 2 per item, you should have received compensation

3. the current system actually enforces the requirement to commit to Eternity to get the Sunrise/Twilight skins

I myself am also affected, given I have crafted Eternity in the past and sold it (leaving me with only Sunrise and Twilight skins).

On the upside: every player who did so now has 2 skins unlocked for the cost of approximately 1k gold and have had those skins for a while now. On top of whichever legendary/s one unlocked with the gold gained.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1