Lag Spikes/High MS

Sage.4851

I have been experiencing ping spikes since 17th update last month, which is during the elite spec beta. It was totally unplayable for like 5 days or so, then it became stable again. But its been an on and off thing ever since that update, before that it was smooth and stable. Ever since i came back around last year May, this is the only update that has been causing crazy ping spikes and disconnections for me.

Edited by Zelo.2653

1 hour ago, Sage.4851 said:

Ping is constantly going from 30-60ms (normal) to 300+ms. This seems to have begun around the time the beta elite specs were playable, maybe a little before then. Is there anyone else having this issue or know the reason? 

It can be your ISP that has some issues as well, or the servers has some kinda hiccup.
It's a hard nut to crack sadly from your end and wasting time on customer services isn't recommended unless you have lots of time to beat.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:39 PM, Zelo.2653 said:

I have been experiencing ping spikes since 17th update last month, which is during the elite spec beta. It was totally unplayable for like 5 days or so, then it became stable again. But its been an on and off thing ever since that update, before that it was smooth and stable. Ever since i came back around last year May, this is the only update that has been causing crazy ping spikes and disconnections for me.

Same for me. I came back to the game around this year April and started experiencing lag spikes since the elite spec beta. However, the lag spikes will only happen during specific hours. My ping is normally at a stable 270ms but during these hours, it goes up to about 700ms with occasional spikes if playing solo. Large meta events are not playable during this time.

You're lucky. For the past six or more months, my lag spikes hit 4k. Yes, 4000! Normally my ping is around 250-208ms, but recently it's averaging 400-500, which is pointless/deadly in competitive modes. It's not the first time I've complained about this but they've been rather silent. No other game/service I use has this latency issue 😞 I'm guessing not enough are suffering from this to be a high priority.

13 minutes ago, Squigle.9274 said:

My lag was spiking up to 4K this morning and now I can't log in at all. I'm playing from Australia so usually have around 200ms ping as you do as well. It hasn't been an issue until about 3 hours ago but they haven't said anything about an issue

Glad you just posted this - also playing from AU and unable to connect for the last 45 min.  Was just trying to get some last dailies squeezed in. I really wish there was a status page.

17 minutes ago, ZXCV.4296 said:

Can report having issues from Australia NSW here. Cant even login now. Altho using a vpn it's completely fine. Really annoying that the only way to play sometime for Australia/SEA folk is to VPN in at times 😕

Same here.  I don't usually use the VPN because the ping isn't improved but today it's the only way to log in

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ZXCV.4296 said:

Can report having issues from Australia NSW here. Cant even login now. Altho using a vpn it's completely fine. Really annoying that the only way to play sometime for Australia/SEA folk is to VPN in at times 😕

I'm in NSW and I can confirm a VPN connection to Melbourne has bypassed this issue for me.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, CarteBlanche.3078 said:

Same for me. I came back to the game around this year April and started experiencing lag spikes since the elite spec beta. However, the lag spikes will only happen during specific hours. My ping is normally at a stable 270ms but during these hours, it goes up to about 700ms with occasional spikes if playing solo. Large meta events are not playable during this time.

Same here, 280 ping is the stable/best ping i can get. Gw2 is the only NA game that i play with 280 ping while other NA games, they are less than 100 ping.