Does WvW infusion stacks with WvW mastery?

Hope.8390

I'm in a dilemma, I dont know whether Mighty WvW Infusion stacks with the Guard Killer WvW mastery. Same with the Vital WvW Infusion and the Defense Against Guard mastery, does it stacks the damage reduce from the guards etc?

If it does stack, then does it mean I will get roughly about 34% damage to guard etc (Mighty WvW Infusion %damage+Guard Killer WvW master %damage). 

Same goes for the Vital WvW Infsusion and the Defense Against Guard mastery.

If it doesnt stack, then is it useless for me to infuse my weapon with the infusions?

Any answers?

Yes, they all stack together the same way all defensive and offensive bonuses do from traits, etc. Keep in mind however infusions only affect guards, not mercenaries like Ogres.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help:Damage_calculation#Damage_calculation

I'm not sure where you get 34% though. For 18 infusion slots it'll be either 38% (additive) or 43.5% (multiplicative). If its a combination of both (added separately then multiplied together) then it'd be 41.6%. I haven't tested which it is, but it'll always be greater than or equal to the sum.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Yes, they all stack together the same way all defensive and offensive bonuses do from traits, etc. Keep in mind however infusions only affect guards, not mercenaries like Ogres.

I'm not sure where you get 34% though. For 18 infusion slots it'll be either 38% (additive) or 43.5% (multiplicative). If its a combination of both (added separately then multiplied together) then it'd be 41.6%. I haven't tested which it is, but it'll always be greater than or equal to the sum.

I see...I get the 34% because I didnt add up the extra infusion slots. Alright thanks for the answer!! 

On 9/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, Hannelore.8153 said:

The vast majority of damage additions/reductions are additive.  This is the reason why you can get invulnerable heralds while kiting Deimos: they get a total of 110% damage reduction while in Jalis.