Game crashed with no pop-up, No DX11/Add-on

Game never crashed before. DX11 is not activated (I activated it briefly at launch and deactivated due to crashes while playing story instance) and crash occurred in thunderhead peaks while chasing the hydra. I just did the oil meta with even more people right before without any issue. Difference is that we were moving all over the place with mounts.

I crashed 3 times yesterday at the point where a cutscene was about to be loaded during the next to last thunderhead peaks story instances. seems to be a recurring issue for me while replaying the LS4 instances and it's always when it's trying to start a cutscene in the middle or near the end (most frustrating one) of an instance. game just closes. no popus or anything. hard crash. seems to happen most when I have other stuff running at the same time and CPU is near 100%,

If you don't get a popup, you might still be able to get the crash log. Go to "%appdata%" in your file browser. There you can find a file called "Arenanet.log" inside of the "\Roaming\Guild Wars 2" directory that may help narrow down the issue. If the "When:" section of that log file contains about the date and time of your crash, that's your crash. Keep in mind that the date uses Year-Month-Day format.

You could probably put those logs into a support ticket or post them here in a spoiler tag.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Thanks 1

If it helps, my last crash was a "Failed to load Coherent DLL. Error code: 0x5".  Me and two of my friends crashed at the exact same time, no report window, no "GW2 is not responding", straight to desktop.  I believe it happened at Thunderhead peak during south meta.

I and one of my friends can't run DX11, I have 56 or so character slots, and my friend just crashes with "GW2 is not responding" whenever brandstorm is being rendered.

The other friend has DX11 enabled, and hasn't crashed other than the "straight to desktop no dialog box" crash before mentioned.