GW2 won't work on this PC?

Hello every one,

I have an issue after the DX11 update, I played in the morning before work, went to work, came back clicked the launcher, it downloaded, launcher disappeared , no log in launcher, so I clicked launcher again and I get "This APP can't run on this PC" "To find a version for your PC,  check the software publisher."    here is a screen shot of desktop https://imgur.com/a/0deMnJP I have looked and I don't see anyone else having this issue. Yolo mouse is the only 3rd party I use. 

Any ideas?

This can happen when GW2 fails to patch itself, resulting in a 0 byte Gw2-64.exe and the actual one being named Gw2-64.tmp. Simply rename it back to Gw2-64.exe.

If you can't find it, here's Gw2-64.exe direct from the patch server (build 120060 - link only valid until the next build). You could alternatively download and rename Gw2Setup-64.exe to Gw2-64.exe.

Edited by Healix.5819

You have win 10 you also have a message in the message center that may be related to app permissions. Open that and see if gw2 has permission. You can also try right clicking the launcher and running as administrator. 

One other thing if you have any addons arcdps/reshade/ the dx12 addon anything remove them all from the program files and the game and try again.

Edited by Tiviana.2650

27 minutes ago, Struder.9286 said:

Yes my Gw2-64.exe is now Gw2-64.tmp, renamed it, same window. 

I dont think you should rename the launcher to Gw2-64.tmp, I have that but its a TMP file not an exe file my launcher is Gw2-64. Also where is your game located , is it C drive or on another drive?

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Confused 1

If you have Trend Micro, a lot of us were having an issue of it not launching. Then if we uninstalled, Trend Micro kept it from being reinstalled. We turned off Trend Micro. Reinstalled the game. Turned back on Trend Micro and added the program file for GW2 in the exceptions. It worked for quite a few of us. Hope you figure it out!