Brandstone Meteor Dust

Solstace.2514

I’m slowly completing the requirements for the legendary trinket visions.  One of the requirements is to craft  6 astral weapons which requires large amounts of brandstone dust.  I have the home node and I’ve been doing the meteor harvesting events.  My question is whether there is a quicker or more interesting way to farm it.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve found these meteor events to be incredibly tedious.  I end up sitting at the Astralarium for 10 to 15 minutes doing nothing.  Then randomly a meteor comes and I rush to harvest because it’s time limited.  I pray enough ppl tag it to improve rewards snd it’s always a gamble in waiting for 5 tags because you can easily run out of time.  Occasionally a full meteor lands and usually the rewards are terrible because many players are unfamiliar with that one and end up attacking it too fast.

I don’t mind farming stuff but this event just drives me nuts because I can’t play the game.  I have to sit around and do nothing.  So out of an hour of gameplay, I have 3 to 4 minutes of harvesting and 56 to 57 of essentially afk or staring at my screen while not playing.  

Am I missing something?  Is there an easier or at least more engaging way to do this?  I’ve never played a game that essentially forced you not to play for most of your time.