I think it would make main-hand sword feel a lot better if the range of Illusionary Leap was increased.

Jirb.7213

I'll have to admit I have very little experience in the PvP/WvW so I don't know if this would be unbalanced there but from what I have played with Mesmer I can't help but think about how much better main-hand sword would feel if the range of Illusionary Leap was longer. At the current 600 range it's technically in line with most other similar gap closers but the problem is that those abilities gap close instantly while Illusionary Leap does not. Unless you are running toward your target and time the cast so that the cast time finishes just as you get in range the gap closing part is basically useless as if you start casting from within range you will have been able to run up to your target by the time you can swap with your clone. Also if you mess up the timing and accidentally cast out of range the skill just does nothing but still gives you the CD. The other gap closers still at least bring you closer even if you cast out of range. I think the range should be increased to 900 or if that's too unbalanced increase the range of the initial cast to 900 and keep the swap at 600.

I also think focus 4 would feel a bit better if the delay between Temporal Curtain and Into the Void was about half as short.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sword 3 should definitely have a 900 range use, or even a 1200 range use; it would allow a lot more creative plays and juking. 

The chance of ever seeing Focus 4 not have a delay is basically zero. That's an intentional nerf introduced back in 2013. Before that, you could double tap Focus 4 and it would pull before the line even appeared. It was great, but people complained. People still complain about the pull daily, despite several nerfs to it and Focus 5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

guys, sorry to say but not every class needs to be overpowered as rev.
what would be nice on the other hand is fixing the kittening bugs, like sword 3 not applying vulnerability, teleporting in place, clone not appearing near enemy etc.

It doesnt matter what you want. Anet is incapable of making right changes, let alone huge right changes to all classes.

😘.

(I agree with everything you say though)

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Confused 1

900 ranged would be a really nice QOL change for the skill.

As you mentioned, it doesn't really function as a gap closer because of the delay since you can just run 600 in the same amount of time.

It's also a shorter range then all of our off hand phantasms, so it doesn't flow very nicely with our other skills.

2 hours ago, Arewn.2368 said:

900 ranged would be a really nice QOL change for the skill.

As you mentioned, it doesn't really function as a gap closer because of the delay since you can just run 600 in the same amount of time.

It's also a shorter range then all of our off hand phantasms, so it doesn't flow very nicely with our other skills.

I disagree, I find sword 3 to be an amazing skill as long as it doesnt bug.
at least speaking from pvp perspective.
You just have to get creative with it.
jump off ledge and teleport back, create a clone to shatter, its instant ( teleport part, not the clone summon part ), you can create a clone and hold it there ( bait people into dodging )
you can use it from stealth without being revealed, it super pressures people, do nothing? immob -> combo.
do something? Im stealth and you waste skills on my almost instant throw-away skill. win-win.

EDIT
to elaborate more, if you just buff its range, its going to turn this weak but versatile skill that you have to think to use, into hurr durr 900 range teleport, it will lose its uniqueness, as the best value will always be just spam mobility with it.

Edited by Leonidrex.5649

On 10/15/2021 at 4:04 PM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I disagree, I find sword 3 to be an amazing skill as long as it doesnt bug.
at least speaking from pvp perspective.
You just have to get creative with it.
jump off ledge and teleport back, create a clone to shatter, its instant ( teleport part, not the clone summon part ), you can create a clone and hold it there ( bait people into dodging )
you can use it from stealth without being revealed, it super pressures people, do nothing? immob -> combo.
do something? Im stealth and you waste skills on my almost instant throw-away skill. win-win.

EDIT
to elaborate more, if you just buff its range, its going to turn this weak but versatile skill that you have to think to use, into hurr durr 900 range teleport, it will lose its uniqueness, as the best value will always be just spam mobility with it.

It will retain all of its previous function and gain some useability.

Mobility isn't always going to be it's optinal use, and skilled users will continue to use it in the way you mentioned. It really loses nothing by increasinging its range.

• Like 1