Request for Elemental mechanics

SoulGuardian.6203

I would like to request a slight change in elemental mechanics.

I think that instead of summoning one ele at the time; it would summon all three simultaneously of the current attunement, and instead of having a timer on them, they could have an energy bar that would slowly deplete, similar to the current timer, but the difference is that you could refill it by killing foes and gathering energy from them.

If you want to change ele summons. After the normal skill recharge, and summon a different ele trio, it would replace the current three.

So you could change and adapt to the situation.

As for the elite ele summon.

It could be a fusion of all 4 elementals into a combo summon of the four.

However, to balance it out; if you summon the elite ele, the others will disappear, and vice versa. 

So, the elite ele summon should be more powerful than the three lesser elementals combined.

The appearence could be a flying blue fiend with fire wings and feet; rock shoulders, elbows, and knees; and electric charge running through it.

I would also like to request a change in the air element appearence please.

Into something like a wisp, or the energy element boss that appears in kryta.

Thank you so much for your time guys. 

I hope you consider it.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
Added a few more requests
  • Like 5

On 10/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I think that instead of summoning one ele at the time; it would summon all three simultaneously of the current attunement, and instead of having a timer on them, they could have an energy bar that would slowly deplete, similar to the current timer, but the difference is that you could refill it by killing foes and gathering energy from them.

If you want to change ele summons. After the normal skill recharge, and summon a different ele trio, it would replace the current three.

So you could change and adapt to the situation.

i feel like its pretty fair the way it is, having up to 2-4 minions under only 1 utility slot is a bargain (necro has a minion occupying a slot each and ele only used to have one max before rework). giving the glyph skill an ammo count of 2 to make it less of a buildup still seems fair, as opposed to summoning 3 new elementals simultaneously (and the cd still ticks while elementals are alive)

On 10/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

As for the elite ele summon.

It could be a fusion of all 4 elementals into a combo summon of the four.

However, to balance it out; if you summon the elite ele, the others will disappear, and vice versa. 

So, the elite ele summon should be more powerful than the three lesser elementals combined.

the issue with this is that youve removed the existing command skills, which some are far more useful than a bunch of mismatched minions. you can already do this with the lesser glyph (with recharge reduction + alac) but no one does this anyway because some elementals are practically useless

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest pet peeve is the despawn on mount. It makes WvW as a fire elementalist that use the elementals as fire bombs woefully inefficient :

You're either not getting on your warclaw to keep your 4 elementals up, and you get mauled by the enemy because you're too far from the rest of the group, or you're getting eviscerated by your squad because you're not doing as much damage as you could be because you waste a lot of time recasting all elementals, and significantly lower your DPS. This is just Extremely frustrating in any area where mounts are expected.

I'm partial on the permanent summon. I think it would be nice, but I think rangers and necromancers would likely feel like they're basically getting a lesser importance. Summoning all elementals at once is likely to strongly affect balance on the other hand. Ammo is perhaps a lesser evil, but in Any cases, the desummoning on mounting -has to go-. It's blatantly inefficient and makes no sense. The only reason it is done that way is because the elementals are considered "buffs" in order for them to be stacked, which mounting removes. Even if they're not permanent, they should atleast work similar to Necromancer's minions in that they're not actually buffs

Edited by Naxos.2503

• 2 weeks later...