Gortho, Son of Mailk event has been bugged all day. [Merged]

Seriously dev do something this isn't a new bug.  Make him permanent I just came back 2 weeks ago myself and wondering why the heck I just spent money on EoD 2 days ago because I was working on skyscale to only be stonewalled.  Fix it if you care at all about your players.  No sense in the blatant blinders anet has up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The events that allow the purchase of the Bird Whistle for the Skyscale Toy collection achievement is bugged. Apparently this has been bugged for years and the work around is to wait for either daily reset or when the map resets during maintenance.

If this is true, why has Anet not fixed it this?

This is blocking progress and it's unacceptable that nothing has been done for this long.

Have the devs discussed the bug or are aware of it? Can a GM please weigh in?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Bumping as this is still an issue.

We shouldn't have to wait until a new map is generated. This bug has been going on for two years now.

Why can't Anet just have a permanent vendor sell the item? Has that even been a discussion and if so why did Anet decide to implement it?

On 6/14/2023 at 10:14 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

All stalled events will reset with a new map.  New maps are guaranteed to spawn with any Release/Update/hot-fix. 

Try the event immediately after. 

Or just, you know, fix the bug? Or have a different vendor sell the item?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The map will reset in a few days with the upcoming Release on the 7th.

it probably will but some of us only were doing the A New Friend achievement to get the Astral Acclaim from the Special Objective for completeing it...

It has been bugged for days now

• Like 1

So, we forced a new instance in-game getting a lot of ppl on Iron Marches and jumping maps when the bugged map was full. There's a LFG squad up right now in EU servers with an unbugged NPC if any of you want to join.

Guess if you want something done, do it yourself 😅 Plenty of ppl reported the bug and even contacted support but nothing happened lol

GL!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...

No, still very much bugged. About 10-15 folks sitting around here, some brought benches, I added cake. Gortho stands there and occasionally says welcome. Some say they've been here for four hours. One guy is trying to drum up some 150 people to fill the zone so a new instance is spawned I guess.

Welcome to camp Gortho! :classic_wacko:

• 2 months later...