Help deciding final character

Lynx.9058

So I've got two engineers (one charr scrapper, one asura ready for mechanist), a human necromancer (ready for harbinger), an asura elementalist (ready for catalyst), and a human guardian I'm working on leveling for firebrand.

I've got one character slot left, and am currently juggling between these options:

1. Human or Sylvari Thief/Specter
  2. Norn or Sylvari Ranger/Untamed (or maybe soulbeast, I like both)
  3. Charr or Sylvari Revenant (not sure on Espec, I didn't get a chance to try vindicator, but I do like the idea of charr renegade)

Anyone with experience on these that can give me some pros/cons or opinions as to why one would suit me best?

I mostly play solo/open world, I don't pvp much at all, though I do fractals occasionally with my guild.  Mostly I try to create themed characters and play for story more than any kind of achievements or whatnot.

I like the idea of doing the street rat human origin for a thief, maybe based on Fleece from the old summoner games, was always a favorite character of mine.  Problem is I already have two human characters and I tend to not play human much when there's other options.  Sylvari are weird to me though, and I've always had a hard time making one that I like enough to keep.
Norn are practically humans as far as I'm concerned but I do like some of their appearance options and lore a bit more, definitely a fan of the viking/norse theme and their shapeshifting abilities.
Charr and Asura are my favorites, but I already have two asura and it's hard to make charr really look good in this game, so many of the features are just not well done by the art team IMO.  They could look much better than they do.  It also bugs me that they don't really fit mounts/gliders very well.

My vote goes towards number one with a Sylvari Thief. As for themes, Daredevil, Deadeye, and Specter mixed with a Sylvari gives you practically unlimited options. Sylvari are practically blank slates due to how young their race is and how it grew. They have fun outfit options too thanks to their glow. I love finding the perfect mix of "planty" and normal in their outfit designs by mixing in Cultural or Twilight Arbor pieces. There's some fun and unique potential there.

I find Thief playstyles in Open World to also just be fun. It feels very quick and active. I'm constantly bouncing around, porting all over to get in or out of danger, or using stealth to run ahead. I know you want to primarily play Specter (me too!), but Daredevil and Deadeye both offer fun and different playstyles. Deadeye Rifle is so much fun for Open World PvE with the right build. Renegade is also fun. I really like it's F[x] skills. 

Hope you enjoy whichever choice you go with!

On 11/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, SkyCakeLight.3750 said:

My vote goes towards number one with a Sylvari Thief. As for themes, Daredevil, Deadeye, and Specter mixed with a Sylvari gives you practically unlimited options. Sylvari are practically blank slates due to how young their race is and how it grew. They have fun outfit options too thanks to their glow. I love finding the perfect mix of "planty" and normal in their outfit designs by mixing in Cultural or Twilight Arbor pieces. There's some fun and unique potential there.

I find Thief playstyles in Open World to also just be fun. It feels very quick and active. I'm constantly bouncing around, porting all over to get in or out of danger, or using stealth to run ahead. I know you want to primarily play Specter (me too!), but Daredevil and Deadeye both offer fun and different playstyles. Deadeye Rifle is so much fun for Open World PvE with the right build. Renegade is also fun. I really like it's F[x] skills. 

Hope you enjoy whichever choice you go with!

Also, the sylvari racial elite "Take Root" is pretty sweet... 5 seed turrets! :D