Undo commands to shouts back + signets

Connla Dda.9407

Hi,

Please undo commands to shouts back so rangers can use rune of the trooper to cleanse conditions again.

We, rangers do not have tools to cleanse beside Wilderness Survival: Wilderness Knowdlege trait and Survival skills.

This is not enough.

Plus please add 3 more signets to Ranger, healing, elite and one utility more. As most classes have.

Release of new add-on End Of Dragons would be good opportunity to do so if not even faster.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Connla Dda.9407 said:

We, rangers do not have tools to cleanse beside Wilderness Survival: Wilderness Knowdlege trait and Survival skills.

You forgot: Bear stance(SB), Healing spring, Signet of renewal (technically), Bear f2, Vine surge(Druid), Glyph of Alignment(Celestial), Glyph of stars, Seed of life, Spirit of nature, Photosynthesize(Merge), Evasive Purity(Nature magic), Druidic Clarity(Trait).

15 hours ago, Connla Dda.9407 said:

Plus please add 3 more signets to Ranger, healing, elite and one utility more. As most classes have.

They can't since we already have 3 skill trees with elite, heal and 4 utility.

And as you can guess they changed it for a reason. The only thing they can do is add a new rune.

• Like 1

You forgot: Bear stance(SB), Healing spring, Signet of renewal (technically), Bear f2, Vine surge(Druid), Glyph of Alignment(Celestial), Glyph of stars, Seed of life, Spirit of nature, Photosynthesize(Merge), Evasive Purity(Nature magic), Druidic Clarity(Trait).

But you are not going to use them all at once. Besided if we look on pure ranger it really lack of tools to cleanse. Also you usually use troll urgent heal to clean 2 conditions with survial.

They can't since we already have 3 skill trees with elite, heal and 4 utility.

Maybe you right, but having warrior like healing signet would be awsome.

And as you can guess they changed it for a reason. The only thing they can do is add a new rune.

The reason to me is unknown. New rune would be fine too.

I actually find rangers condi management toolkit to be strong as is, tbh. There's the obviously amazing traited survival skills, Bear Stance, Dolyak Stance, and traited protection are solid options for SB, Druid has options for total wipe on CA, NM has minor clear on dodge, plus the class as a whole has nice passive healing through regen plus other things I haven't mentioned. Add to that some great mobility, range, endurance regeneration, etc  to frustrate application, and I find it's got a super solid kit. Then cleansing sigils, consumables, and other gear that's available to others.

I honestly have little trouble handling condis, and I just use Bear Stance and sigils as far as actual condi clears go.

That being said, it's not like I'm gonna be sad if we get a buff to shouts-gear interaction, even though I personally wouldn't use soldier runes.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, Choppy.4183 said:

I actually find rangers condi management toolkit to be strong as is, tbh.

Actually it is fine if you don't mind to be locked in one build . All ranger builds independently of the e-spec chosen uses BM-WS. 

Which becomes boring after 9 years. That's why you see threads like this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Actually it is fine if you don't mind to be locked in one build . All ranger builds independently of the e-spec chosen uses BM-WS. 

Which becomes boring after 9 years. That's why you see threads like this. 

Well, like I said, I don't use WS at all in my current default build (wvw solo roaming), and I'm pretty successful with it. In fact, I know a lot of people who skip WS in order to amp up their damage. It's just a matter of adjusting playtime accordingly, like using damage pressure to keep people on their back foot, positioning, range, evades, blocks and stealth. That being said, WS is a great line and a good fit for a lot of builds. 

I used to main warrior before coming to ranger and, to be honest, ranger seems far less constrained than warrior as far viable builds go. I also started out playing condi ranger when I switched over (because the person showing me the class plays condi) and I found other classes had harder times managing my condi bursts than ranger.

Anyway, all this to say, I don't think ranger is in a bad way with respect to dealing with condis, and I wouldn't use the gear the OP mentioned even if they made the change he wants because the cost:benefit would be way too high.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Choppy.4183 said:

Well, like I said, I don't use WS at all in my current default build (wvw solo roaming),

Well, in WvW solo roaming i hope you practically are playing as +1 one shot pewpew and run if the enemy gets closer.  You don't need much of a cleanse there..... As condi pewpew unless ganking on somebody you won't bring much of anything otherwise. 

Yes trapper runes are OP because of the stealth and i would not base my build on those as i would expect them to be changed somehow in the next balance wipe. 

I do agree with you i would not use soldier runes though, i never did when even was a thing because it took too much damage out. But having build variety is better than not having one. 

Warrior as WvW has much more variety ( core nike warrior, zerker gunflame, support bubble SB to put some examples) while with ranger you just play pewpew ganker spaming 1 to 5 skill. But to talk about how unidimensional the ranger has become we would need another thread so we don't hijack this one.  

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Well, in WvW solo roaming i hope you practically are playing as +1 one shot pewpew and run if the enemy gets closer.  You don't need much of a cleanse there..... As condi pewpew unless ganking on somebody you won't bring much of anything otherwise. 

Yes trapper runes are OP because of the stealth and i would not base my build on those as i would expect them to be changed somehow in the next balance wipe. 

I do agree with you i would not use soldier runes though, i never did when even was a thing because it took too much damage out. But having build variety is better than not having one. 

Warrior as WvW has much more variety ( core nike warrior, zerker gunflame, support bubble SB to put some examples) while with ranger you just play pewpew ganker spaming 1 to 5 skill. But to talk about how unidimensional the ranger has become we would need another thread so we don't hijack this one.  

I'm definitely aggressively damage oriented, and I can (and do) run away as is generally required for #roamerlife, but it's not like I need to keep a fight at 1500 range and otherwise cut and run. I also don't typically +1, rather, I'm usually in 1v1 or 1vx situations, though it is nice to have others to take the heat so I don't have to.

Pew pew builds have plenty of tools to stay in close and medium range, with or without WS. Avoiding red circles, reacting to telegraphed skills, and otherwise managing opponents' opportunities to apply damage (condi or otherwise) is what it's all about. Condi clears are almost a secondary line of defense, tbh, and then there are the passive mitigations I mentioned before (examples of which are on another thread that has people posting celestial builds that use traited prot).

As for warrior, and yeah, not to hijack the thread, I find it has less variety to achieve its role than ranger has, plus ranger often does the job better.. Case in point, a bunch of ranger builds out perform Nike warriors in every way, including mobility and damage and they have trait, traitline, and gear options when doing it, whereas there's far less wiggle room for warriors. Gunflame too... pew pew ranger is way better in most respects. So much so that I, and many others I've come across (former and current warriors) find ranger to be a more effective warrior than warrior is, not counting one or two niches.

But warrior was just an example I brought up in relation to the subject, and I didn't mean to divert. Ranger just seems like a fun class with plenty of variety, at least for roaming around and causing mischief, and I've never found it wanting for condi management options.

Edited by Choppy.4183
  • Confused 1