Disapointed with EoD as a PvP player.

Exile.8160

6 hours ago, Onlyflameone.2136 said:

I'm considering going back to WoW, even tho I came back from it. Thing is, the pvp dev team here seems to not care about pvp at all. Pvp is my life and I spend tons of hours here, I reached Platinum, but those bots, hackers, or quiters that just doom the game when they rage and we loose. It's bad. WoW has subscription, but I'd rather pay monthly and to have dedicated pvp community and dev team than to play here.

just go and play lost ark man, dont subject yourself to wvw or gw2 pvp, its so much kittening better I cant even put it into words

12 hours ago, Onlyflameone.2136 said:

Thing is, the pvp dev team here seems to not care about pvp at all.

Its not that the pvp dev team doesnt care, its that there isnt a pvp dev team its  only 1 guy and all he can do is change the numbers of skills. There only so much he can do and now its worst cuz they have him working on the new elite specs.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The main reason to buy the expansion if you like pvp is the elites, which is a good enough reason. And I think bladesworn, spectre and vindicator are currently good in pvp, at least as they currently were in the last betas. 

I really wouldn't be too worried. Just buy the expansion whenever you feel there are enough elite specs to get you interested.  Maybe none interest you now, but that doesn't mean that won't change in the future. You're not obligated to buy the expansion as soon as it gets out. 

How many iterations of dragonhunter and firebrand did we see in pvp? At launch DH could only be a full trap meme build and then we got a symbol build and medi dh team fighter later on after balance adjustments, two builds which are still used today. And firebrand... well it goes to show you sometimes elites are viable in pvp and then they get nerfed out viability too. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway I'm buying the expansion cause I really liked bladesworn, mechanist, spectre and harbinger.  I'm really hoping they make willbender viable though. 

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/18/2021 at 7:54 AM, Spellhunter.9675 said:

That's funny coz PvE in gw2 is and always was pretty mediocre in comparsion with other games.

Yeah, I've always found this wierd.

The one thing that you could genuinely say GW2 does better than other games out there is the PvP/WvW. At least at the level of the core mechanics, obviously there's alot to be desired in terms of how the formats are accessed, structured etc. But in terms of the flow of dodging, positioning, timing, interactions of boons/condis/traits, etc. it's the only current-gen MMO I've seen that could be a legitimately successful PvP esport if handled correctly.

The PvE here is really decidely mediocre, and I really can't see why anyone would pick GW2 over other games if that's all they want to do, but for some reason that's where all the focus is at.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

The main reason to buy the expansion if you like pvp is the elites, which is a good enough reason. And I think bladesworn, spectre and vindicator are currently good in pvp, at least as they currently were in the last betas. 

I really wouldn't be too worried. Just buy the expansion whenever you feel there are enough elite specs to get you interested.  Maybe none interest you now, but that doesn't mean that won't change in the future. You're not obligated to buy the expansion as soon as it gets out. 

How many iterations of dragonhunter and firebrand did we see in pvp? At launch DH could only be a full trap meme build and then we got a symbol build and medi dh team fighter later on after balance adjustments, two builds which are still used today. And firebrand... well it goes to show you sometimes elites are viable in pvp and then they get nerfed out viability too. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway I'm buying the expansion cause I really liked bladesworn, mechanist, spectre and harbinger.  I'm really hoping they make willbender viable though. 

Agree, im still willing to buy it its just im not crazy about the new elite specs so there isnt any other reason to get it atm.

They would have to work a lot on the new specs or give us something for pvp for me to buy it.

• Confused 1

On 11/17/2021 at 6:42 AM, Exile.8160 said:

We have gotten zero bits of info for anything pvp related for the coming expansion (if there some pvp info please let me know).

Most of the elite spec arent good (both theme and combat wise).

The balancing given me even less hope for EoD balance.

What reason do I have for buying this expac? ( spoiler its non). 

Anet if you reading this please give us something the way we have been ignore for years cannot be pass to EoD. 

Actually I've been pretty happy with the EoD elite specs from a competitive perspective. Remember PoF and the Mirage with being able to attack while dodging, the scourge with it's constant aoe with no tells on which shade skills to dodge, the Renegade with the visual noise of all those summons? The only time they have dropped the ball is with the Mechanist. Balance aside (since we know that will change a lot after release) I expect there to be something of a sPvP resurgence post EoD.