Suspension for using a Parser & Mouse reskin

I received a reply but no clear answer: "observed in-game displaying numerous characteristics consistent with automated gameplay" A keyboard macro which double clicks an inventory item via the cursor every 7 seconds is permitted on every article that I can find. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014185033 https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You will have to discuss it with the CS Team; nothing anyone on the forum can do.

I posted to see if anyone else was affected, which does not seem so. Also, the GM response stated that any reply to the ticket will be ignored so I guess I'm singled out without no explanation other than the charge.

Edited by Every day pon.5386

10 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Perhaps, those aren't the characteristic observed in question.  🤷‍♂️

I cannot further deduce anything else from the GM response 🤷‍♀️ I strategize in SPvP /team chat, I have 1 account & I only began playing SPVP last weekend in solo queue where I am suddenly suspended from EoTM a few days later. It's unfair

I also would add that I've played this sole account for roughly 4 years & have a few legendries, so I don't understand the charge other than simply playing ranked SPVP last weekend while using the candy gobbler.

From https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use:

• You cannot use macros to fully automate a character (“bot”) in the game. Each macro should represent a single action that requires user input before repeating the action.

"A keyboard macro which double clicks an inventory item via the cursor every 7 seconds is permitted on every article that I can find." sounds like automation. If you could leave your keyboard and the macro would continue, it violates this rule.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, unwize.4296 said:

From https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use:

• You cannot use macros to fully automate a character (“bot”) in the game. Each macro should represent a single action that requires user input before repeating the action.

"A keyboard macro which double clicks an inventory item via the cursor every 7 seconds is permitted on every article that I can find." sounds like automation. If you could leave your keyboard and the macro would continue, it violates this rule.

Is it not widely understood that repeat clicking the Candy Corn Gobbler is allowed? It hogs the cursor which largely prevents players from playing. This is done simply through 1 keyboard command to press the cursor. As far as I know, nearly everyone with the gobbler uses this.

I should add that repeat clicking an item is stated above 'You may create an auto-clicker that opens or consumes a stack of items' however, the Candy Corn Gobbler indirectly consumes stacks not "a stack"

31 minutes ago, unwize.4296 said:

From the same article:

• You may create an auto-clicker that opens or consumes a stack of items.

By that definition, an auto-clicker does not constitute as "fully automating a character". If the player is responsive upon being  approached by a GM, using one is fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeG.6389 said:

By that definition, an auto-clicker does not constitute as "fully automating a character". If the player is responsive upon being  approached by a GM, using one is fine.

The rule you refer to is explicitly for opening or consuming a single stack of items - not autoclickers in general. Opening or consuming a stack of items is a finite sequence of inputs. Using an item endlessly without manual input is an infinite sequence of inputs.

I don't know if ANet normally tolerates the use of toggled autoclickers for the candy corn gobbler or not, but their policy on macros would forbid it. I wish they would just lower the painfully long internal cooldown on the gobbler so there would be no need for autoclicking.

Edited by unwize.4296
spacing
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, unwize.4296 said:

The rule you refer to is explicitly for opening or consuming a single stack of items - not autoclickers in general. Opening or consuming a stack of items is a finite sequence of inputs. Using an item endlessly without manual input is an infinite sequence of inputs.

I don't know if ANet normally tolerates the use of toggled autoclickers for the candy corn gobbler or not, but their policy on macros would forbid it. I wish they would just lower the painfully long internal cooldown on the gobbler so there would be no need for autoclicking.

The limit is player inventory. The gobbler action is not endless. Yes, the CD or maximum duration should be changed because it's blatantly difficult to benefit from use. Other gobblers allow macros to chew threw many thousands of clicks. This just punishes players for waiting.

19 minutes ago, unwize.4296 said:

Well, since ANet made a distinction between macro use and using an auto-clicker for certain things, I think it's fair if we do the same, as well. OP used it for the Candy Corn Gobbler, which should fall within fair use.

On the other hand:

2 hours ago, Every day pon.5386 said:

Thanks. I started dozing off at the end of my queues & dropped out of the EOTM like twice, but it was fairly apparent that I was still queuing & playing SPVP. I don't like the grey area on automated item usage.

Well, don't thank me. If you got suspended  it means that a GM probably tried to communicate with you and you didn't respond while your character was visibly doing something. This constitutes as "unattended macro use", regardless of what was actually going on and it is against the rules at all times.

I'm only speculating, of course, but you didn't really give us much to go on.

But to make it simple: if unsure, then no.

4 hours ago, Every day pon.5386 said:

How is queuing for SPVP while using a gobbler any different from using a gobbler between Labyrinth rotations? It's pretty normal use for a gobbler macro. I shouldn't be expected to respond timely in these instances between games. I can't even verify that I was contacted because I can't log in to see the chat.

If you were half asleep you could have easily missed it.

How is the gms supposed to know you just naping bettwen games and not being a bot?

On 11/30/2021 at 9:43 PM, Linken.6345 said:

If you were half asleep you could have easily missed it.

How is the gms supposed to know you just naping bettwen games and not being a bot?

I was offline so I don't believe I'd even expect to see a whisper.

Anyway, the suspension is over however I don't know what I should change after the suspension as I wasn't told or confirmed what caused suspension

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Every day pon.5386 said:

I was offline so I don't believe I'd even expect to see a whisper.

Anyway, the suspension is over however I don't know what I should change after the suspension as I wasn't told or confirmed what caused suspension

GM whispers are golden and pretty sure the reach you even of offline mate.

login to your anet support page you should have got a mail there with the reason for the temp ban.

• Confused 1