new wvw maps

With long queues that i've noticed recently i'd hope serious thought is being put in to adding another map. Or doing something with shards err coding or sumthing. It really sucks to get to reset early wait at portal and get in only to later get dc'd and get stuck in an hour plus long queue to get back in. You would think there would be some kind of 2-5 mins grace period that if you logged back in immediately you could get right back in. While that might be impossible? the next best thing is adding more maps for people to play on. Personally i'd like to see a cantha based map but i've heard nothing of this yet. Seems like something that could be developed for a future release during EoD. Kinda makes sense for their to be the ebg map, alpine map , desert map and new map, or even rotate the maps if eventually you get too many (thinking each xpac you'd add a new map).

I do not see new maps getting added as getting population further split during non peak periods would be problematic (unless alliances works really well), but it would be nice to be be able to rejoin if something happens, and equally important change characters, you cannot join on reset and then swap characters without spending an eternity waiting to get back in, meaning guilds cannot be running at full effectiveness if they are lacking certain build types

3 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

With long queues that i've noticed recently i'd hope serious thought is being put in to adding another map. 

Long queues? Before this beta there was no queues on my server (Desolation), more like regular outnumbered.

Now with the beta event the population balance seems better and there was at one point a queue to 2 maps, but the other queue was just 1 player and the other queue was about 15 players. Soon the 2nd (1 player) queue died. If there is queue to just 1 map and 2 maps which are almost completely void of players from your side, I don't think queues are a problem. Outside prime time the maps feel more or less empty.

EU should delete a tier. There isn't enough players for 5 tiers.

Adding maps just because the random ups of the population is akin to adding more servers to a new MMO when the player count drops by 90% within a month. It's not a sustainable method to throw kittens at the fan and hope the result spread on the wall evenly.

Also long queues? Did you have 150+ man queues? Cause anything is practically no queues.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 5:12 AM, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Long queues? Before this beta there was no queues on my server (Desolation), more like regular outnumbered.

Now with the beta event the population balance seems better and there was at one point a queue to 2 maps, but the other queue was just 1 player and the other queue was about 15 players. Soon the 2nd (1 player) queue died. If there is queue to just 1 map and 2 maps which are almost completely void of players from your side, I don't think queues are a problem. Outside prime time the maps feel more or less empty.

EU should delete a tier. There isn't enough players for 5 tiers.

There were usually always ques on TC but then again that's during prime time 8 -10pm or at reset when everyone wants to play. Sure its beta and they are working on things but this is reminiscent of how it use to be years ago when a lot more people played wvw = long ques.... I hope that isn't the result. Right now its not alliance based so hopefully that's why there were long ques and the max number of people that can be on a map will par with the size of guilds that are bundled together in an alliance. Not sure what the thinking i on that.

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 12/4/2021 at 5:48 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Adding maps just because the random ups of the population is akin to adding more servers to a new MMO when the player count drops by 90% within a month. It's not a sustainable method to throw kittens at the fan and hope the result spread on the wall evenly.

Also long queues? Did you have 150+ man queues? Cause anything is practically no queues.

I know hardcores don't like change but i also meant instead of 2 alpine maps to have a new map. it can still be 4 maps that are playable for the period.

Edited by Kelly.7019