Rending Vines radius too small and not enough boons cleared

Arheundel.6451

The skill should definitely be 240-280 radius and be able to remove at least 3 boons, ideally 4-5 and I would not mind to see an increase in CD to 20s+ , but right now a paultry 2 boons removed in a melee radius every 15s simply doesn't cut it. Even the most simplistic build these days will have access to 5-6 boons on a 10s CD average.....rending vines is simply too weak as it stands

• Confused 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:49 PM, DemonSeed.3528 said:

For my untamed disabler builds I usually have absorption sigil to help with some of the boon removal along with my hammer and pet skills so I generally don't run into this problem. What is your build like?

But then you are pointing out a solution using external tools to do what is supposed to be the base functionality. 

I don't agree with more strips but the radius of those skills should be around the target not the pet, a bit bigger too so it makes better sense and works with ranged pets. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

I would prefer to see Debilitating Blows corrupt boons on disable, so there is another source since those conditions are useless. 

But we have now Corrupting Vines which also works with ambush skills every 10s. That is a lot of boon ripping and corruption if we factor the pet in. 

I don't think there is no need for more boon stripping. The rest of the toolkit just need to work better, yes the pet corrupts but do not do any damage. I would like better those skills to work as ambushes so the pet corrupts and then go back to have the  normal F2. 

It is just to change the untamed paradigm, so the goo swapping allows to access the ambush skills for both, the pet and the untamed. 

I still think cantrips need another round, the goo swap needs to provide a tangible mechanic not just a plain +XX% whatever and dual hammer needs to go away and never come back. From my point of view the untamed high level design seems like a lot of fun, it is just the actual mechanics do not allow the e-spec to shine. 

Edited by anduriell.6280

19 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

But we have now Corrupting Vines which also works with ambush skills every 10s. That is a lot of boon ripping and corruption if we factor the pet in. 

I don't think there is no need for more boon stripping. The rest of the toolkit just need to work better, yes the pet corrupts but do not do any damage. I would like better those skills to work as ambushes so the pet corrupts and then go back to have the  normal F2. 

It is just to change the untamed paradigm, so the goo swapping allows to access the ambush skills for both, the pet and the untamed. 

I still think cantrips need another round, the goo swap needs to provide a tangible mechanic not just a plain +XX% whatever and dual hammer needs to go away and never come back. From my point of view the untamed high level design seems like a lot of fun, it is just the actual mechanics do not allow the e-spec to shine. 

They're mostly melee range skills though and fairly conditional, I think very strong boon rip/corrupt could be the niche that puts Untamed into the useful box. 

Do we really want yet another "master-of-none" spec?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

They're mostly melee range skills though and fairly conditional, I think very strong boon rip/corrupt could be the niche that puts Untamed into the useful box. 

Do we really want yet another "master-of-none" spec?

From my point of view the issue with the pets unleashed skills are not the effects but the reduced radius and the fact those are not centered on the target. 

If corrupting vines would be centered on the target and the radious would be a bit bigger to it could actually catch up other targets not placed in the same cell as the original target the skills would feel so much better.  Right now the enemy needs to stay immobile on top of the pet because there is a cast time and animation. That does not work on an AI driven object in GW2.  

Anet fixed Enveloping Haze by allowing the pet to move the dome around, if now Venomous Outburst and Rending Vines AoEs would be around the target and a bit bigger (instead 180 let's use 240 same size as a necro well ) it would feel and work so much better. And it would work on ranged pets too. 

We are talking about a 2 corruption/boon rip up to 5 targets around the target in a necro well size AOE. It would not replace necros but this e-spec would work so much better in their task as bruiser frontliner.