Help with new Revenant

Rakotia.5812

Hey all!
Waiting for the release of the new expansion, I decided to level up a charcater of each class to level 80 to have them ready to next expansion. For the next weeks I'm focusig on leveling a Revenant.
Basically, what I want to know is what build / role is it strong for the PVE endgame, basically fractals / raids / strikes (and also solo open world play). For example: I leveled my warrior and make him Banner Slave, as it's something useful in groups. I think the answer is Alac Renegade, but not sure if any build is more used / better (links apreciated).
Important: I know with the new expansion many new build are going to come out. I'm not trying to master this builds or get ascended equipment, but my objective is to know what to focus during the leveling and what gear stats I should get at level 80 to play waiting for the next expansion.
Thanks all :)

3 hours ago, Rakotia.5812 said:

Hey all!
Waiting for the release of the new expansion, I decided to level up a charcater of each class to level 80 to have them ready to next expansion. For the next weeks I'm focusig on leveling a Revenant.
Basically, what I want to know is what build / role is it strong for the PVE endgame, basically fractals / raids / strikes (and also solo open world play). For example: I leveled my warrior and make him Banner Slave, as it's something useful in groups. I think the answer is Alac Renegade, but not sure if any build is more used / better (links apreciated).
Important: I know with the new expansion many new build are going to come out. I'm not trying to master this builds or get ascended equipment, but my objective is to know what to focus during the leveling and what gear stats I should get at level 80 to play waiting for the next expansion.
Thanks all 🙂

The new Revenant (Vindicator) build will most likely use the same gear as Power Herald, minus the Air sigil (I'd assume Impact instead) and plus the Greatsword.

Before that... While leveling, I'd use Devastation (Battle Scars traits), Invocation, Retribution, in that order. Power, Precision and Ferocity stats with two swords as weapons. Assassin and Dwarf stance. 

After reaching max level, I'd try to gear Condition and Alacrity Renegade for PvE.

Edited by Raiken.1476

Condi ren is good dps but it’s a fairly clunky and high actions per minute rotation to learn, also mace3 is an animation lock that can get you in a lot of trouble, so all in all a fairly steep learning curve. Dual RR condi renegades are a popular choice for squad alacrity at the moment. Condi ren is still worth learning and using but staff mirage is probably the more desirable alac bot in most cases and scourge is probably the more desirable torment dps in most cases. Also I think the writing is on the wall for a 10 target alacrity apocalypse balance pass after eod drops, so keep that in mind.

Hopefully they will leave herald’s 10 target stuff intact. My guess is that specters, mechanists or willbenders will be the preferred alacrity providers in eod after the balance pass. Renegade requires far too much boon duration for alacrity to be competitive if it’s only going to be 5 target, and nobody is going to bring 4 condi RR renegades for alacrity.

If I were you I would consider a focus on learning power renegade and making the transition to vindicator in eod, the dps may end up slightly lower than condi ren but the burst and cleave may make it a far more desirable choice in fights with adds. Then maybe look at harbinger or something for a max dps condi option for other encounters.

Personally I have been playing heal herald in raids almost exclusively for about two years, the primary reason for that is Facet of Nature Dragon allows my quickness and alacrity providers to use little to no boon duration gear at all, and or give a solid cushion of boon duration. I don’t see that changing in eod unless they nuke from orbit all 10 target abilities in the game. If that’s the case I’ll play vindicator in wvw and some other class in raids/strikes most likely. Maybe specter for support I guess…

Edited by Jthug.9506