Pact Fleet Weapon box skins are Account Bound?

Samurai.9567

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I received a Pact Fleet Weapon box reward while replaying a season 2 mission.  It offered either 6 Mystic Coins or 1 pact fleet weapon skin. I was originally going to take the coins, but upon looking at the price of the skins on the Trader, they were more valuable than the 6 coins.  So I chose the Pistol skin (It was the most valuable, and I was planning to list it for sale.  But upon getting it, I found out the skin was Account bound!  What the heck?  Other people are selling the skins online, why is mine Account bound? 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but Boxes like the REALLY NEED to say up front that the item you choose will be Account Bound before you make the choice.  Since it was also offering 6 mystic coins, and the skins were available for sale at the Trader, I figured the choice would not be Account bound.

1 hour ago, Friday.7864 said:

Seems like they forgot to add the Account Bound description to the actual skins.

It's not the only case of this sort. For instance, the Volcanic Stormcaller Weapon Box you can purchase at the Eye of the North (Seal Discount Vendor) are also not tradeable, yet there is no such pre-opening information attached to the items.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Choose a Volcanic Stormcaller weapon. It will be bound to you.

Must have been added later, because I don't remember such a tooltip in the first coupld of weeks this acquisition method was introduced. In fact, during the first week (or two?) the weapon was indeed tradeable - I acquired one and sold it.