Ok Anet it's been nine years...

Xenesis.6389

Do you have any plans to improve WvW game play in the future?

1. For five years we had to put up with run away ppt scoring from dead zones, you some what fixed that with skirmish mode.

2. For nine years we've had to put up with unbalanced populations coverage and time zones, bandwagons, super stacking, you're going to somewhat fix that with alliances.

3. For six years we've had to deal with boon balling support stacking combat, doesn't look like you want to deal with that in a fair fashion. But it's harder to deal with this when you're being double teamed and don't have the matching comp and players on to beat it, might as well just log off till they get bored and leave.

ARE YOU EVER GOING TO PROPERLY BALANCE COMBAT ON A REGULAR BASIS?

4. For nine years we've had to deal with points as the only motivation to win matches, which has lead to the server stacking, and to the strongest and biggest sides beating up the weakest in the match for easy points. Steamrolling bully tactics seem like the dumbest motivator to keep all three sides interested in fighting, you might as well have created a 1v1 mode instead. How about the two weakest or losing teams always targeting the strongest or winning server? 

ARE YOU EVER GOING TO LOOK INTO CHANGING THIS?

5. For six years we've had to put up with desert borderland being the weakest to defend, being the biggest and most annoying to travel, to the least favorite/played map in wvw, where you have servers that abandon defending and playing on it for the entire week they own it.

DO YOU PLAN ON IMPROVING IT AT ALL IN THE FUTURE?

I obviously don't expect answers, just venting some usual frustrations on a saturday afternoon wanting some decent fights and getting stonewalled with the usual boon balls while double teamed on multiple maps for hours (and I play support scrapper, boon corruption scourge, dps dragonhunter I don't want to hear about helping my side with a meta class and build).

Expansion will do nothing for me (real terribad specs this time around none of which are needed thanks to the forced boon balling support stacking balancing), alliance beta was ok had some fun nights, but it will do little if the usual lopsided game play motivations combat and tactics remain the same for the future. Are we really a cornerstone? or a chimney and you were just blowing smoke up our stack for expansion hype...?

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I see you sneakily trying to remove desert borderland! leave the desert borderland alone, it's the best map.

Did you miss the big cap sentence under that point which asks DO YOU PLAN ON IMPROVING IT AT ALL IN THE FUTURE.

Even though every year I'm growing on the side of get it out of wvw more and more.

• Like 1