What single chapter from LWs3, 4 and IBS would you get?

1 hour ago, chromoxtalt.9806 said:

Per the title, if you have 600 gems, what single chapter from LWs3, 4 and IBS would you get?  This is for an alt account, so don't want to spend much on it.

It really makes no sense to get only one episode of a Living World Season. That's like getting only 1/6 of an expansion.

The story aside, there is pretty much nothing you can do with only one episode (especially not on a bigger scale like "Living World Return" or the extra Mounts from LW).

Unless you only want a certain reward, like those armor sets from Jahai Bluffs, for instance, in which case I recommend you enter each episode's name in the GW2 Wiki and see what the respective map and episode have to offer. No one can answer that for you.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

Bitterfrost Frontier, Dragonfall and Drizzlewood Coast are the three maps, one from each season, that are the best if you look at it from the farming aspect. But you don't necessarily need the respective episodes to get your toon there. The story in an of itself doesn't offer much in terms of progression, I don't think. I've never spent any gold/gems on LW on an alt account...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

But you don't necessarily need the respective episodes to get your toon there

I've never actually been in a position where I've had a LW episode locked, but I don't think you can get to a LW map without unlocking the corresponding story. Dry Top and The Silverwastes being the exceptions.

In response to the OP, my favourite LW map is Sandswept Isles, but every reply along those lines is going to be subjective. From a utility point of view, Bloodstone Fen and Bitterfrost Frontier give easy access to ascended trinkets, with the former allowing for the stats to be reset. 

3 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

I've never actually been in a position where I've had a LW episode locked, but I don't think you can get to a LW map without unlocking the corresponding story. Dry Top and The Silverwastes being the exceptions.

Right. My mistake. For some reason, I was only thinking of getting to the map without doing the story, which is feasible with Teleport to Friend, but you still need to unlock the episode. Apologies.

But, in that case, I'll just rephrase my earlier comment: in my opinion, OP would be best off with the episodes that open up the maps I mentioned.

13 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I don't think. I've never spent any gold/gems on LW on an alt account...

Thanks for all the replies.

Yeah, I'm debating spending anything, but my main account has the home instance nodes for the LW areas, so over time the alt will have unused unbound magic (converted).
If I got 1 area i could buy the Magic-Warped Bundles or packets.