Halloween race achievement only for POF - not fair

ItaiF.2084

@Ellisande.5218 said:

@ItaiF.2084 said:are you all serious?? so let them rent mounts only for the race... im not complaning i dont have a mount, im saying its not fair i need to pay to do an holiday content.they can also not make me do this achievement to gain the back piece, give me another one, a possible one... and remember - with relatively the same difficulty!! maybe I dont have the money and just saying buy POF is very childish of you all... The game needs to be equal to everyone (not same content, but equal!!)

It's equal as you can still get the ghost backpack if you unlock all lunatic skins.Which you can get without that race.

Which you can't do without the race as 1 of the 6 skins is only rewarded from the race.

The back piece should not be tied to something that players who own PoF can't do nor to the fing stupid as kitten Clock Tower that not everyone can do. The crafting alternative is not a viable alternative as it is stupidly expensive and not everyone can afford to craft the other pieces. A viable alternative would be killing 50 mobs.

Um... the backpack you need all 18 pieces. The chest only gives 6. May I ask how were you planning on getting the other 12?You would still have to make them.I did get all 6 chests and unlocked the medium one as I assume that would've been the most expensive with the insignia being leather based and then medium armour itself is leather... and so on and so forth.Either way, the way I see it is you would have to make 13 pieces of armour instead of 12 because you can't do the race somehow.

There's was a good amount of material you could do, the race was the only one you needed PoF for. It would have been a mistake for Anet not to include mounts in the event especially when they had new skins for them to sell. It's just a part of the gaming cycle, they still have to drum up funds to pay people to make and sustain content.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Ellisande.5218 said:

Which you can't do without the race as 1 of the 6 skins is only rewarded from the race.

The back piece should not be tied to something that players who own PoF can't do nor to the fing stupid as kitten Clock Tower that not everyone can do. The crafting alternative is not a viable alternative as it is stupidly expensive and not everyone can afford to craft the other pieces. A viable alternative would be killing 50 mobs.

Wrong. You can craft all 18 pieces for the ghostly back pack. That is your alternative whether you like it or not. The 6 boxes from achievements are free, you will still need to craft 12 other pieces for Complete Superstition. So what is 1 more piece? This complaint is ridiculous.I crafted the boot item, for Complete Ignition, because I can’t do the clock tower. Nothing is locked behind the expansion other than the race itself.

Support the game, buy the expansion. Otherwise don’t complain, games adapt and add more features/dlc all the time, and time is not free. You want what other people have? Buy the expansion.

You are the one who is wrong. Crafting those pieces requires a ridiculous amount of materials. So many materials that even after all the grinding I did this holiday I still didn't have enough to craft one single piece. So crafting is not an alternative when you cannot acquire enough of the mats needed to craft the item via your own grinding.

Getting the boxes from the achievements takes most people an hour or less per achievement. The amount of grinding needed to get enough mats for just one craft is in the multiple tens of hours. That simply isn't an equivalent nor is it viable. Anyone who says that crafting is an alternative is either a no lifer or an Anet apologist.

For the record I own all the expansions and did get all the parts via doing the achievements, including spending 16+ hours on the jumping puzzle to just to get the one success I needed for the achievement.

There is no justifiable reason why the achievement was tied to the race nor any justifiable reason why another achievement was tied to the clock tower, especially when no viable alternatives were made available. And as I already stated, a craft that takes too long to grind the mats for is not a viable alternative. A safety catch all would be a viable alternative. For instance, fail to finish the race in 2 minutes 20 times and you earn the achievement. Fail to make it to the top of the tower 20 times and you get the achievement. Those would both be viable and fair alternatives. The crafting route is neither viable nor fair.

@Ellisande.5218 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Ellisande.5218 said:

Wrong. You can craft all 18 pieces for the ghostly back pack. That is your alternative whether you like it or not. The 6 boxes from achievements are free, you will still need to craft 12 other pieces for Complete Superstition. So what is 1 more piece? This complaint is ridiculous.I crafted the boot item, for Complete Ignition, because I can’t do the clock tower. Nothing is locked behind the expansion other than the race itself.

Support the game, buy the expansion. Otherwise don’t complain, games adapt and add more features/dlc all the time, and time is not free. You want what other people have? Buy the expansion.

You are the one who is wrong. Crafting those pieces requires a ridiculous amount of materials. So many materials that even after all the grinding I did this holiday I still didn't have enough to craft one single piece. So crafting is not an alternative when you cannot acquire enough of the mats needed to craft the item via your own grinding.

Getting the boxes from the achievements takes most people an hour or less per achievement. The amount of grinding needed to get enough mats for just one craft is in the multiple tens of hours. That simply isn't an equivalent nor is it viable. Anyone who says that crafting is an alternative is either a no lifer or an Anet apologist.

For the record I own all the expansions and did get all the parts via doing the achievements, including spending 16+ hours on the jumping puzzle to just to get the one success I needed for the achievement.

There is no justifiable reason why the achievement was tied to the race nor any justifiable reason why another achievement was tied to the clock tower, especially when no viable alternatives were made available. And as I already stated, a craft that takes too long to grind the mats for is not a viable alternative. A safety catch all would be a viable alternative. For instance, fail to finish the race in 2 minutes 20 times and you earn the achievement. Fail to make it to the top of the tower 20 times and you get the achievement. Those would both be viable and fair alternatives. The crafting route is neither viable nor fair.

I didn't even play the labyrinth all that much and I found the way to get all of them.And no, I'm super poor. I don't do those fractals or raids or whatever else people do for money.

Archived