Connection issues started today, sea player in NA server

not solved for me! Rubber banding like no tomorrow. 4k ping spikes.
Tried doing tequatl and my game actually lagged so hard it got stuck. I died, couldn't port to wp so I tried to re launch game. Couldn't log back into that particular toon until  the event was over.

It's really sad, can hardly do any big meta events. Fractals, raids and WvW are so laggy that it's almost unplayable. Everything just teleports around. Even map exploration was awful today.
Always dealt with lag but it was always workable before. Not sure what's going on with their servers but more and more seem to be having this issue lately.

Playing from Australia on EU usually 320 ping. Never had issues like this until a few months ago but it seems to be worse and more frequent since a few weeks ago for me and some other Aussies I know.

8 minutes ago, irsyura.5017 said:

Playing from Singapore in NA and the lag issues have not been fixed since it started for me end December as well. Constant error 42s, can't even do story instances without getting stuck and forced to disconnect and restart.

Im also playin from Singapore and currently am facing the same issue as you. The insane lag spikes started around the last week of Dec of 2021 for me as well. Like you, I still have error 42 when loggin in despite doing all the necessary exclusions too. However, currently using a vpn like mudfish or exit lag solves this issue temporarily for now. 

I was facing the same issue ever since Christmas. I sent a support ticket and they said Windows 11 is not compatible so I ran gw2.exe on "windows 7" compatibility mode. It works for me, but i'm not sure if it works for you. Give it a shot

Edited by JMeth.8063

NA side still has logging issues on my end. Using Unifi from E. Malaysia. Possibly routing issue however I am able to login most of the time, but trying to get on maps outside of armistice bastion usually yields routing/network failure error message ("The inability to connect to Guild Wars 2 may be caused by internet routing issues or a server network failure"). I do not have any issues with EU. Using Celcom 4g I also have no problem getting into the NA servers, so this is possibly a routing issue from Unifi, but I will keep checking for other issues. I usually notice this problem when I login, and checking resource monitor on Win10 (right click taskbar->task manager->performance tab->click bottom where it says "Open Resource Monitor" and then look at the TCP connection section and also Network Activity side) I know I will have a problem if I can only connect to 2 aws servers, because when you usually login you connect and negotiate with 3 servers (or at the very least 2, and the other one is just for the front page stuff at launcher). Anyways I will keep updating here if anything happens to change.

Edited by DemonSeed.3528
Added error message, spelling

For those playing from the SEA region the latency issues could be related to the problems in the undersea data cables.

https://sccaid.com/the-apg-submarine-cable-route-is-expected-to-be-repaired-in-february-2022/

APG should be fixed by February 6th but the info on AAG repair schedule I found said that it'll take more time to finish. They did fix one issue near Singapore but apparently found three more faulty sections near Hong Kong. They'll be working on those thru February and should be done by the end of the month.

VPN might be helpful to solve the issue since it can use a different route to bypass the problems. It's also good idea to report the issues to your ISP to let them know there's a problem, and they might also change your internet traffic to go thru alternative route.

• Like 1

Some of us are already aware of that issue and seen our isps redirect traffic already during this last month, this is something in the last week which could still be related so still keeping an eye out. Reason I'm still 50/50 is because afaik my 4g takes the same route that is taken by my fiber optic yet has no problem. I will double check.

Extra info: if you are from s.e.a. (Malaysia specifically), you can check this thread to see what's been going on, or at least what is being discussed about it over in this forum post

Edited by DemonSeed.3528
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

For those playing from the SEA region the latency issues could be related to the problems in the undersea data cables.

https://sccaid.com/the-apg-submarine-cable-route-is-expected-to-be-repaired-in-february-2022/

APG should be fixed by February 6th but the info on AAG repair schedule I found said that it'll take more time to finish. They did fix one issue near Singapore but apparently found three more faulty sections near Hong Kong. They'll be working on those thru February and should be done by the end of the month.

VPN might be helpful to solve the issue since it can use a different route to bypass the problems. It's also good idea to report the issues to your ISP to let them know there's a problem, and they might also change your internet traffic to go thru alternative route.

This is probably what happened that is affecting SEA region players. I am also from SEA and from SGP specifically and the unplayable lag and latency issues first began during the last week of December. The high ping and latency issues miraculously disappeared for me 3 days ago on the 13 January noon time like as if the 3 weeks of connection issues were just a long bad dream. As of today my connection is back to normal and I can play smoothly with no rubber banding even in populated areas such as WvW without a vpn. 

For those in the SEA region and is still affected you can try playing with a vpn which may help to stabilize ping for certain content in the game and send a ticket to anet stating that you are using a vpn, if you are concern about anet blocking your accounts for suspicious connection activity. If the problem still exists then I would suggest to take a break from the game until the connection has been fixed such as the undersea cables issue mentioned above. Gl all!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...