I have to know...

I've been a player of the GW franchise off and on since about 2005.  Seventeen years...god at the things that I've experienced... anyway...

Is it worth coming back to GW for End of Dragons?  I really want to know.  I've got a 20 of every profession in GW1 and an 80 in every profession in GW2.  I've not experienced EVERYTHING...but I am pretty happy with my standing in this universe.  I am happy with what ANet has done for me in my times during Active Duty and am happy-still with things since I've gotten married and had kids.

What's y'alls take on this?

• Like 1

It's hard to say without knowing what you typically enjoy in expansions. There was another thread a bit ago asking if the expansion was worth buying, and people had various responses to that, so maybe some of them will help you.

In terms of what EoD offers, you'll be getting:
- A Canthan-themed guild hall
- A turtle mount that seats 2
- A boat that seats a full party
- Fishing you can do anywhere in the game with qualifying water (triggers swim skills/is on the water fill level of a map)
- Some new Ranger pets (Imperial Phoenix, Tiger, Mud Wallow)
- Story & Related achievements
- Probably 4 maps
- Several Canthan-themed armor sets
- 9 elite specs
- Gen 3 legendaries (Able to be traded/sold, will have a variant version to represent each elder dragon)

You can review their streams to see if you like what's included in each of these points and whether that's worth it to you, but those are the main things coming with EoD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Just now, AgentMoore.9453 said:

It's hard to say without knowing what you typically enjoy in expansions. There was another thread a bit ago asking if the expansion was worth buying, and people had various responses to that, so maybe some of them will help you.

In terms of what EoD offers, you'll be getting:
- A Canthan-themed guild hall
- A turtle mount that seats 2
- A boat that seats a full party
- Fishing you can do anywhere in the game with qualifying water (triggers swim skills/is on the water fill level of a map)
- Some new Ranger pets (Imperial Phoenix, Tiger, Mud Wallow)
- Story & Related achievements
- Probably 4 maps
- Several Canthan-themed armor sets
- 9 elite specs
- Gen 3 legendaries (Able to be traded/sold, will have a variant version to represent each elder dragon)

You can review their streams to see if you like what's included in each of these points and whether that's worth it to you, but those are the main things coming with EoD.

Thank you for laying out out for me. Really. It means a lot. I love this game and the universe. I have outside forces to make amends with. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kamikazecopilot.9801 said:

I've been a player of the GW franchise off and on since about 2005.  Seventeen years...god at the things that I've experienced... anyway...

Is it worth coming back to GW for End of Dragons?  I really want to know.  I've got a 20 of every profession in GW1 and an 80 in every profession in GW2.  I've not experienced EVERYTHING...but I am pretty happy with my standing in this universe.  I am happy with what ANet has done for me in my times during Active Duty and am happy-still with things since I've gotten married and had kids.

It's only $30, worst case scenario u stop playing after a month. Still get your money's worth $$$

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kamikazecopilot.9801 said:

To be fair, character level in gw2 means nothing. If you haven't got some masteries, a few legendaries, and completed the gw2 story up to this point, then you should probably come back. Again, character level means nothing. Also, as a married guy with kids, this is the best game for me because I can do things at my own pace and nothing becomes outdated. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1

Just another thought from a different direction; I don't know if yours is a gaming family, or how old your kids are, but I will say that GW2 is one of the very few games I play that my kids found accessible; and one of only three games my husband played that found accessible.  So, if EoD is something you're interested in trying and your family is interested in gaming with you, GW2 might be a good place to start.

It's also only (theoretically) at most six weeks away from release, so at this point, if value for your money is a big concern, it's not a terribly long time to wait and see what people say once it comes out.

• Like 5