Vindicator condi

Adah.8371

Hi everyone!

I didn't have a lot of time to play during the beta events. I just wanted to know if you believe there is any Vindicator Condition build viable (for PVE)?

I see that Power should be the go to but during the live presentation, some dev. said that we would be able to chose our game-play through traits. However I don't find anything reliable for a condi spec. Maybe I missed something?

Thanks and take care!

1 hour ago, Adah.8371 said:

Hi everyone!

I didn't have a lot of time to play during the beta events. I just wanted to know if you believe there is any Vindicator Condition build viable (for PVE)?

I see that Power should be the go to but during the live presentation, some dev. said that we would be able to chose our game-play through traits. However I don't find anything reliable for a condi spec. Maybe I missed something?

Thanks and take care!

Its surely a power focused e spec. - But I tried condi vindicator as well. The DPS surely isnt as good as renegade but I was able to do more dps than with my condi Herald.
The thing is that Herald has less strike damage increases in traits. Vindicator has more of them.
Also the only condi utility skill on Herald is "Elemental Blast" which does 3 stacks of burning.
Vindicator has 2 utility skills with condi. Forgot the names...alright looked on wiki. "Scavenger Burst" and "Spear of Archemorus".

Sure Scavenger_Burst has less burn stacks than Elemental_Blast but it ends up in almost the same damage because of a simple thing of duration. Scavenger Burst has 8 second burn duration and 1 stack. Elemental Blast has 3 stacks burn but only 3 second duration. If Scavenger Burst would have 9 second burn instead of 8 seconds, it would be the exact same burn damage. Its atm just slightly less.
However The elite skill of vindicator also does Torment (Spear_of_Archemorus). 5 sec base duration and 5 stacks.

Overall the 30k dps on herald (snowcrows benchmark) comes nearly only from demon legend and mace/axe.
Vindicator has far more potential for a condi dmg build than herald.

However yes, Condi Vindicator dealing more dps than condi herald means that condi vindicator is more than 30k which means that is will have a condi build. How much dps it will deal in the end I dont know.
But I guess it will be between 31k and 33k. So something around 32k.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

This may be a dumb question, but does Forerunner of Death increase condi damage and strike damage, or just strike damage? Tooltip only says "damage" so I assume it's both, but never got around to testing it.

Its not a dumb question, i also dont know it, but since it says "damage" i also think its both. However Leviathan_Strength also says "damage" but its only "Strike damage".
It was said...somewhere...thats its only strike damage...1 second...

Edit:
Alright I found it, thats the link to it:

If you dont wanna search it:
It says:
"Leviathan Strength: This trait now increases outgoing strike damage by 10% when the Vindicator's Endurance is not full."

So anet mentioned themselves that its only strike damage. But the tooltip of the trait says that its "damage" which means both strike and condi dmg.
They really have to clarify what increases what for some skills/traits.

So after thinking about this again....I think that "Forerunner of Death" also does just increases strike damage.

Edited by SeTect.5918

13 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Its not a dumb question, i also dont know it, but since it says "damage" i also think its both. However Leviathan_Strength also says "damage" but its only "Strike damage".
It was said...somewhere...thats its only strike damage...1 second...

Edit:
Alright I found it, thats the link to it:

If you dont wanna search it:
It says:
"Leviathan Strength: This trait now increases outgoing strike damage by 10% when the Vindicator's Endurance is not full."

So anet mentioned themselves that its only strike damage. But the tooltip of the trait says that its "damage" which means both strike and condi dmg.
They really have to clarify what increases what for some skills/traits.

So after thinking about this again....I think that "Forerunner of Death" also does just increases strike damage.

Thanks for the response. A bit misleading if that is the case. I thought ANet specifically implemented the term strike damage to clarify when it is one or both types of damage 😂.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, Adah.8371 said:

Hi everyone!

Thanks and take care!

I mostly played in WvW and tried out condi hybrid and pure power builds. The power build greatly outperformed the condi build by leaps and bounds to the point that I have decided to convert my current condi rev to power in preparation for EoD. 

Just my opinion . Torment now fit on pve boss. ( mostly few move)

use celestial set . For rune maybe torment, krait, 

i should have boon and condi duration around +40 % each

Use hydromancy sigil and energy to swap chill -torment- gain health. Refill energy for jump chill or jump heal
it should be enough to have quickness 6 sec (4+2)to do auto atk while waiting energy refill 

And pump torment stack with mace and gain health

GS is mix dps and condi if you use corruption .    If not , you better change to dps GS, s/s shiro/ Ally

• Confused 2

Vindi overall only has 2 condi skills, burst and spear, but in my opinion we already have renegade for condi builds, id prefer if vindi was a pure power or healer( choosing arche on power builds and vicky for heal builds)  forcing every elite to be able to do everything makes it just mediocre in everithing and thus most people wont use it, just look at herald it has bad dmg bad heals and mediocre boons, even if you tryvto focus on one it is still subpar to others so just make a good power on arche, a good healer on vicky and were good to go

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As I see burst . I seem designed for both condi and power mix( quickness buff) E 20 cd 3

Burn 8 quick 4(2) fury 4 sec

If anyone already compare damage  auto atk
GS + odd

GS + burst 

pls tell me  which one give higher output.

I don’t mention phase traversal coz high E consume(30-35)

• Thanks 1