Mechanist and other mid-armor e specs (specter and untamed) are now on Build editor!

SeTect.5918

4 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

Champion Avatar of Balthazar (Balthazar HP in Maguuma), but there are many many others.

Really easy to check using a ranger, use a pet with higher defence than you (Rock Gazelle for example) and the pet will get aggro and tank for you, use a pet with higher toughness than you but lower defence and you will always be the target.

Rock Gazelle have 2898 toughness. A player would have to stack toughness everywhere to reach that high...

The Mech of the Mechanist will always have 1000 more toughness then the player. I haven't tried beta 2, but I suspect toughness wasn't the reasons for failing to keep aggro. My Mech in beta 1 didn't always keep aggro either.

Edited by azarhal.3086

4 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

Champion Avatar of Balthazar (Balthazar HP in Maguuma), but there are many many others.

Really easy to check using a ranger, use a pet with higher defence than you (Rock Gazelle for example) and the pet will get aggro and tank for you, use a pet with higher toughness than you but lower defence and you will always be the target.

Ranger pets are a specific exception to how it works in regards to toughness tanking: pets flagged as "tanks", either thanks to toughness or defense, have a "natural" tendency to hold enemy attention if another specified mechanic (such as toughness tanking) is not present. That is why an enemy will always attack the bear, and not the bow. Bring the same bear to a toughness tanking boss in a raid (toughness 2k+, so easily the biggest in the party), and it will be... promptly ignored, because it is not a player. 

Well, whatever the reason the mech was unable to maintain aggro in the 2nd beta, at EoD's launch we will have further changes so that case will need to be retested;

I personally hope ANet will give us a way to decide if the mech should maintain aggro or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1