[Twitch Stream]: Core Rev WvW Roaming

Za Shaloc.3908

Hey everyone,

As I post here semi-regularly, I figured I'd share my channel that I just started. Likely will only stream Rev content as it's my main class and what I am most comfortable on. Will primarily be solo and small-scale roaming content and will likely be on core Rev mostly as cele/condi can be boring to watch. 

I just did my first stream and it's a chill one as I do not own a mic or webcam, but I got some decent fights in here so figured it's worth sharing. Solo, duo, and trio roaming mixed in here. Played exclusively core power Rev here as I'd like to showcase the benefits to running core over Herald, and simply how much fun it is to play. Core brings in a lot of versatility and IMO is more adaptable than Herald. Shiro and Jalis are obviously very strong choices so it is not like I am handicapping myself in any way by not taking Herald. I play pretty regularly so am hoping that sharing this here will encourage me to continue streaming. 

My channel

First vod from earlier. First bit of it is me trying to figure out how to work the stream.

For those interested, this is the build I was running throughout the whole stream. 

• Like 5

Glad to have another Core Rev enjoyer. I've been Core Revving for around 2 - 3 years now. Never went back to Herald. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHsOyh5RPMOqhRSfMCKgl2U1SH-zRJYiRH/p0kCITRQnSgeFCKeA-e

This is my build. It's basically a hit and run style character which focuses less on sustain but more on getting hits in. Versed in Stone is taken over Steadfast because it's really powerful to cut down both direct and condi damage when hit below 50% HP, plus it stunbreaks you, plus it's only a minute cooldown. It's more powerful if you anticipate getting ganked by multiple players and also gives you an edge in 1v1 against most builds these days. 

My forms of Sustain are instead Dance of Death which synergizes with Sword skills and autos, as well as Call of the Dwarf when swapping into Dwarf which gives you a surprising amount of Barrier as well as Weakness proc on your target which lets Dwarvern Battle Training kick it. 

Edited by Yasai.3549

18 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Make sure to share in the WvW channel to for more attention later down the line. Sub-forums can be pretty dead hence why I never post videos in them.

I will probably just keep it here as I am not very active in that subforum and don't particularly like it there, lol. But thanks for the suggestion!

10 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Glad to have another Core Rev enjoyer. I've been Core Revving for around 2 - 3 years now. Never went back to Herald. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHsOyh5RPMOqhRSfMCKgl2U1SH-zRJYiRH/p0kCITRQnSgeFCKeA-e

This is my build. It's basically a hit and run style character which focuses less on sustain but more on getting hits in. Versed in Stone is taken over Steadfast because it's really powerful to cut down both direct and condi damage when hit below 50% HP, plus it stunbreaks you, plus it's only a minute cooldown. It's more powerful if you anticipate getting ganked by multiple players and also gives you an edge in 1v1 against most builds these days. 

My forms of Sustain are instead Dance of Death which synergizes with Sword skills and autos, as well as Call of the Dwarf when swapping into Dwarf which gives you a surprising amount of Barrier as well as Weakness proc on your target which lets Dwarvern Battle Training kick it. 

If I don't run Speed Runes I choose Fireworks as well. They fit fit nicely into the class, truly a great rune set for so many classes. Regarding the rest of your build, I should really try to break free of Charged Mists but it feels so unnatural for me not to play builds without it. I see the value in what you are saying though. I should give those traits a go some time. Funny how that stunbreak trait evaded the 300s CD pass. 

3 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Regarding the rest of your build, I should really try to break free of Charged Mists but it feels so unnatural for me not to play builds without it. I see the value in what you are saying though. I should give those traits a go some time. Funny how that stunbreak trait evaded the 300s CD pass. 

Shhhh Anet doesn't need to know, but if it does get slapped in any way, I'm changing back to Steadfast in a heartbeat. 
The reason why I never use Charged Mist is a habit thing. I just never ran it so I guess I just never got used to it. I think I'm just a swap happy Rev so I get the most value out of Song of the Mist casts. 

13 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Shhhh Anet doesn't need to know, but if it does get slapped in any way, I'm changing back to Steadfast in a heartbeat. 
The reason why I never use Charged Mist is a habit thing. I just never ran it so I guess I just never got used to it. I think I'm just a swap happy Rev so I get the most value out of Song of the Mist casts. 

Well they were pretty inconsistent in that big patch, so at this point I'll just say it is intended lol.

If you are on NA would be fun to duel some time. I'm currently on Mag but have an alt on AR.

59 minutes ago, ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

Thanks for posting. I’ll keep an eye out. Mind sharing your build in this post?

Thanks! Build is at the very bottom of the OP, but here it is too. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAweZlxQHsOyh5RPMOqhRSfMCKgl+U6SD-zRIYR0xXKtVAZGBdmA9GC2NA-e

Generally I run offhand sword but I had it on a different character so have just been running with axe.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908

1 hour ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Well they were pretty inconsistent in that big patch, so at this point I'll just say it is intended lol.

If you are on NA would be fun to duel some time. I'm currently on Mag but have an alt on AR.

Thanks! Build is at the very bottom of the OP, but here it is too. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAweZlxQHsOyh5RPMOqhRSfMCKgl+U6SD-zRIYR0xXKtVAZGBdmA9GC2NA-e

Generally I run offhand sword but I had it on a different character so have just been running with axe.

Lol I’m blind - I even went back over it but just missed it. Thanks!