Need thoughts on my Mesmer builds

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

What is your actual goal for the Power Chrono?  This build won't be very effective at much in OWPvE, and I can't see it being very good in raiding (caveat, I do not know much about the current Raid meta).  My thoughts below are more about Open World since I feel using Meta builds that are inline with your Squad's needs are the best choice for Raiding.

It appears that you are trying to focus on Lost Time but there are much more effective ways of giving yourself Alacrity.  Simply, focus on Shatters, as they always trigger Alacrity due to Flow of Time.  If you drop Lost Time for Seize the Moment, you are now also sharing Quickness on Shatter as well.

You can also drop Delayed Reactions for All's Well That Ends Well, and change up your Utilities to include Well of Eternity, Well of Recall (more Alacrity) and Well of Precog (Aegis and Stability).  Now you are sharing more Boons, and offering another Heal.  Gravity Well can stay or, can be swapped out for Time Warp as another way to give Quickness.

With Improved Alacrity you probably do not need that much Concentration, as you will cap out at 30 seconds.  Same can be said for Quickness, which does give you some room to choose how much Concentration you do need, and how many sources of Alacrity and Quickness you want.

Looking at Inspiration, I would drop Restorative Mantras and suggest Medic's Feedback and Sympathetic Visage be used when applicable.  They offer a lot more and, unless you are going 3+ deep on Mantras, it feels like Restorative Mantras is a wasted Trait in this build.

I am not sold on Domination but, the 3rd Trait Line you choose could be open.  If you were to stay with Domination, I would suggest Egotism over Furious Interruption.  Bountiful Blades over Empowered Illusions if you are focusing on Greatsword as it will give you 2 Phantasms and then Clones to trigger Illusionary Inspiration.  Alternately, if that is just too much healing, Rending Shatter will help improve DPS for you and the Squad.

I would also suggest you look at Chaos Trait Line and Staff, selecting Method of Madness, Chaotic Transference and Bountiful Disillusionment.  This gives you more boon generation and better shatters with some defensive upside.

Last thought on Inspiration Trait Line, it makes it a lot harder to solo content as you will have tons of sustain but not a lot of damage.  I still run a Domination, Inspiration, Chrono build when I want to run some casual zerg stuff like Boss Metas and be able to tag a lot of things.  However, as soon as I want to play story or solo some Champs, away goes the Inspiration.

Here is a link to what I run for the Dom, Insp, Chrono build:

Power Chrono w/Heals

This doesn't maximize Improved Alacrity at all, or any Boons really but it hits hard, has good sustain, supports a zerg well enough. Even without any Concentration, Improved Alacrity feels better than Illusionary Reversion as you are speeding up all your skills, not just speeding up your shatters.

Don't ask about the Scepter though, you may not be ready for those shenanigans.

• Confused 1

For open world you can even play a build with 2/3 specs selected it wouldn’t matter too much. But when it comes to endgame PvE - you just need to stick to meta builds otherwise you will struggle to find a group

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1