Why play ranger in open world/farming?

ShionKreth.1542

On 2/12/2022 at 6:08 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

Sure can!: 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POxAgiVlZkxe6ZTFOpkGameqXfP3UiEox9E-zRJYkR3fhkSB0TC0bMo3lQEJ480D3jpBEPbA-e

I'm not full asc myself yet, but had great results when I was trying out the spec in full exotics. End goal is that for gear. Hizen uses Dagger+Torch for his swap and Iboga for merge and uses Moa stance over Poison trap. I changed to this just because Poison trap is just so good with this spec, and since I had ground aoe through that and the spiders merge abilities it free'd up not needing Torche's effects. Allowing for shortbow use - which is great to have should you need to range a mob or hit anything from a distance, also great to have quick access to shortbow five for finishing off or putting a great dent into any Bar. 

Since you apply taunt, slow, immob, cripple, and can daze/stun when needed I have never once had an issue solo breaking any bar in the game quickly. You always stay merged, pet being out makes you weaker as merged you have a constant passive heal from beastmastery and of course its multiple buffs. Dolyak stance up whenever you are in trouble or to stun break as it makes you take massively reduced damage as with your dodge rolls, you have protection and it up at once. You constantly have Regen on you, and of course, constantly heal on every single poison application. Combo fields stack with Vulture stance, so Poison field applies 3 Poison to up to 5 targets, allowing for 170x5x3 heals every tick it does. (usually always end up on full health against multiple targets, great get out of trouble ability for harder places or boss fights). Basically while Vulture stance is up its extremely hard to die, great opener with SOTP, cause of its instant 25 stacks of might. 

This spec is pretty interesting, I like the shortbow myself... but I don't know if I can bring myself to merge with a spider. 😄 

• Like 1