Taimi's Disease: Possible Cure?

zolcor.2601

Ever since I saw the trailers for the jade tech and the new Kaineng City in Cantha, it made me wonder if the answer to Taimi's disease lies in Cantha's jade tech, or something more profound, possibly draconic in nature. What if the cure lies not only in the jade tech, but in a combination of Aurene's prismatic energy, as well the strange energy of the last elder dragon of water? What if Kuunavang has a part to play in this? Who knows. I'm hoping our favorite megalomaniac gets a cure sooner than later.

Edited by zolcor.2601
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Taimi is a megalomaniac???

Also Taimi appears to be wearing glowing green jade tech boots in the recent EoDs trailer. Subtle detail, but it seems likely her condition will be addressed in some manner. Whether that involves a cure or alleviating side effects is yet to be seen. I just hope they don’t magic her disease away with a superficial line of dialogue.

Some popular suggestions I’ve seen for “curing” her are being branded/bonded to Aurene (like Caithe), or transferring her mind into a golem like Blish.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 2:40 PM, Zola.6197 said:

Some popular suggestions I’ve seen for “curing” her are being branded/bonded to Aurene (like Caithe), or transferring her mind into a golem like Blish.

I've heard the Blish theory before but I never considered an Aurene branding. I imagine it would be somewhat different than with Caithe since she's now an elder dragon and her magic has changed.

2 hours ago, Caleb Aurion.4097 said:

I've heard the Blish theory before but I never considered an Aurene branding. I imagine it would be somewhat different than with Caithe since she's now an elder dragon and her magic has changed.

That’s true, I hadn’t thought of that. It would be interesting to see what ED Aurene is capable of in that regard. There’s also the chance she might refuse to brand someone, even to save them.

Taimi has the Tyrian version of Muscular Dystrophy. She'd have to physically move her consciousnenss to another body, because disabilities like this are closely intertwined with a person's genetic makeup.

If your tech is advanced enough, you can halt its progression, but that won't undo the damage. Its a bit like trying to cure end-stage kitten; it can be done, and does happen sometimes, but you can't just magically repair all the damage done to the body by that point. All you can hope for is to continue living somehow.

This is why players point to the Asura Personal Story & Blish's story as possible solutions. However, this comes with its own risks, as once its done it can't ever be undone:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Things_We_Do_For_Love

To understand how this works, as established in game: If Taimi fuses with Scruffy, she won't stay Taimi, she will become Scruffy, because it permanently alters how your mind works, your perception, etc. Blish confirms this by saying life as a machine is incomprehensible to normal people.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 2:05 AM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Taimi has the Tyrian version of Muscular Dystrophy. She'd have to physically move her consciousnenss to another body, because disabilities like this are closely intertwined with a person's genetic makeup.

If your tech is advanced enough, you can halt its progression, but that won't undo the damage. Its a bit like trying to cure end-stage kitten; it can be done, and does happen sometimes, but you can't just magically repair all the damage done to the body by that point. All you can hope for is to continue living somehow.

I mean, why not? We're talking about literal magic, why couldn't damaged tissue be repaired or replaced and the disease itself be halted?