[hi imBrazilian]I'm sorry to disappoint you, there are other languages besides English, which don't have such a good experience,

Java.1048

this is the last time i reply to this post.

- I would like to have a level of English, which overcomes many barriers, this would be a differential even in my personal life, but things are not so simple, (Emerging countries, it is very difficult to adopt a language other than the official one , and we are talking about an Anglo-Saxon and a Latin language, in the schools that are offered to the population it was never a requirement to learn English, the reality here is that most of them do not know basic math, ) and this needs to be worked on from childhood, I know a very close person who is fluent in English, he he learned only, since he was a child, I already liked math more, so today he has a law degree and I study automation engineering

when i want to play a game in a competitive mode, at that moment i just want to play the game.

I'm close to completing 5 years playing gw2 and I've already pre-ordered Dragon Ends, there has always been a barrier, until I find a Brazilian guild, other people won't stop playing, but the Brazilian community is big within the GW2, that's a fact
I really didn't like it when the moderator deleted my old post, because it's all in Portuguese, -NO LANGUAGE IS USED HERE OTHER THAN ENGLISH, hence the title, and if the initial text didn't make much sense it's because it was written informally in Portuguese

-They talked a lot about costs, but you ignored that in that same post someone proposed to subtitle for low cost, and by prior knowledge someone else did it, subtitled the entire personal story, and arenanet ignored it.

-I remember a Br stream, which every now and then managed to convince someone to play gw2, it may be our cultural background, if the stream is not important, then forget about this metric.

-I really didn't understand the harm that would happen to other players, I'm still trying to understand, because so many people were upset with this idea, I didn't get an answer, but it made me understand the culture of other countries and see that people are inspired in that sentence:

- IF YOU CAN'T HELP THEN DISTURB, A LOT

• Confused 2

I believe most people agree that it would be great to have translations and inclusive play for all nations and languages.  Please continue to petition and request that it happens, but again it is unlikely that Anet wishes to devote the resources.  There are many Brazilian players and guilds,  I've encountered them throughout the world and ran instances with them by joining LFG.  I hope you find a good community to fit your needs and to continue to enjoy the game.  And hopefully, there will be a translated version some day so you can better enjoy the story.  ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 9:23 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Maybe ask the 700+ voters of dubbing for Brazil to each donate/spend, say, $300 dollar at ArenaNet to pay for a dev to translate the game.  Then, ArenaNet would, possibly, have the funds (and desire) to do so.  :classic_dry:

Anet isn't hurting for funds, big games like this usually aren't nowadays. It's more a matter of getting the absolute maximum amount of profit that is supposed to unrealistically increase every year, so naturally taking on new costs in that unrealistic environment is a hard sell. I doubt the cost would be that much in the long-term, once they'd gotten past the initial hurdle of translating everything that's already there. It's just these companies don't tend to operate on a long-term mentality to begin with, or as institutions are designed to be oriented toward thinking past what looks good to investors at all times.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1