So aehm Patchnotes?

Can't remember if there were patchnotes coming out with previous expansions to be honest. But I think we can expect a post with everything contained in EoD when it's released. Release time is in about 7 hours from now, I'd expect the patchnotes to be posted with the release.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lokh.2695 said:

Can't remember if there were patchnotes coming out with previous expansions to be honest. But I think we can expect a post with everything contained in EoD when it's released. Release time is in about 7 hours from now, I'd expect the patchnotes to be posted with the release.

There was; at least here's Path of Fire:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2017-09-22

and here's Heart of Thorns: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-10-23#NEW_FEATURES_AND_CONTENT

• Thanks 1

Since there's no game downtime when ANet patches the game (regardless if it's an expansion release or any other patch), patch notes don't usually come ahead of time, but rather at the same time as the patch.

In general, this game isn't quite as static as others. Patching happens on the fly to the point where some people are still playing the old version (if they were logged in when the patch hit, they have a window of up to 3 hours depending on gamemode until the pre-patch map instances close and they have to patch) while others are already playing the new one (in new map instances).

Coming from games that have to take the servers offline to patch, and that try to avoid frequent patching, this takes some getting used to. Expect frequent patches for the first week or so, sometimes even several patches in a day. In very rare cases these might even effect class balance (either in case of bugs, or if players exploit side effects that weren't foreseen).

Once you get used to the way this game patches and changes gameplay, you'll find yourself worrying less and less about preparing. That's really the beauty of this game, a few hours (or days or even weeks) won't set you back compared to others.

• Like 1